Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scott205
Streaming Star

Roku Express 4k+ No sleep feature to turn off/adjust. Left TV on came back 5 hrs later TV asleep

Jump to solution

Roku Express 4k+ No sleep feature to turn off or adjust. Anyway around it? Left TV on came back 5 hours later TV asleep. Annoying.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4k+ No sleep feature to turn off/adjust. Left TV on came back 5 hrs later TV asleep

Jump to solution

Hi @scott205,

Welcome to Roku Community!

Currently, the Sleep Timer feature is only available on Roku TV. We don't have any information to share at moment on when the Sleep Timer will be available on our other Roku devices. 

You may also share or suggest a feature request here

For more information, see this additional resource: 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4k+ No sleep feature to turn off/adjust. Left TV on came back 5 hrs later TV asleep

Jump to solution

Hi @scott205,

Welcome to Roku Community!

Currently, the Sleep Timer feature is only available on Roku TV. We don't have any information to share at moment on when the Sleep Timer will be available on our other Roku devices. 

You may also share or suggest a feature request here

For more information, see this additional resource: 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
scott205
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Bought ROKU to return spectrum cable box and save a few bucks. There are reasons I need to leave my tv on all day. ROKU is awesome.....but.....NO SLEEP timer and it goes off after 4 hours. SUCKS ROKU. ROKU employee wake up.....I already returned my cable box now I will have to get another one. Such an awesome device.....HIGHLY DIASPPOINTED

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @scott205,

Thanks for your post. 

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We would like to inform you that the issue you're encountering might be due to the Bandwidth Saver feature. This feature is designed to conserve the device's power consumption by reducing bandwidth utilization when the device is inactive. This might be the reason why your device turns off after 4 hours.

Please note: Some streaming channels employ their own mechanism to cease data usage after a specific period of inactivity. These features will not be affected when you disable Bandwidth Saver.

To resolve this issue, you can go to the settings of your Roku device and turn off the Bandwidth Saver feature. If you need assistance with this, kindly visit our support page for more information and instructions.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos