Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 2024 update issue

Hi Community users,

We appreciate your posts and feedback here in the Roku Community!

Upon checking, not everyone in this thread has requested a replacement nor has responded to our follow-up questions and troubleshooting steps. We are doing our best to assist you in any way that we can, so please respond to this thread so we can send you a private message to help you further.

On the other hand, we sincerely apologize for any delay in replacing the Roku device. We are experiencing a delay in shipping replacement items at this time, but rest assured that your replacement is forthcoming. We will follow up with you within the next several weeks to confirm a shipping date, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. Rest assured that your privacy and security are valued here at Roku.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Naiveatheart
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 2024 update issue

Hi @Eunice ,

Your response is not adequate. This thread has been started due to an issue that occurred in January. We are now Day 1 of April. Stating a follow up in a “few weeks” as to when our replacements will ship is not acceptable.

What your response has included is more vague lip service with no answers. So let me help resolve some of the issues to expedite this process for Us CUSTOMERS.

For those of us who have requested replacements: 

1. What is causing the delay to our requests?

2. When (specific date) can we expect our replacements? 

Those who DID request replacements are owed the deliverable compensation offered by Roku. As a previous poster stated, the shelves are full at Target, Best Buy, Walmart and online. So, why is it your active customers are getting ignored? Your update bricked or caused ongoing glitches to your product that WE paid for. Take responsibility and show some integrity. 

MarkK1957
Reel Rookie

Roku Express endless reboot.

My Roku Express model 3930X is stuck in an endless reboot. It is not connected to my Wi-Fi network, I am unable to access any of the software features as the loop keeps repeating and the software doesn't load. I have tried unplugging and reconnecting the device to different power sources and different TVs and the loop simply continues. The reset button interrupts the process, but then the rebooting begins again.  I have also rebooted my router with no success with this device.  This problem started a couple days ago.

Please help!  Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express endless reboot.

Welcome aboard here on the Roku Community, @MarkK1957.

Thanks for bringing your Roku Express stuck on reboot to our attention. We want to investigate more to take a closer look at your concern.

Did you recently receive a Software Update? If so, does this issue occur right after the update? Was this device connected to the internet before this happened?

In the meantime, try Factory resetting your Roku Express to see if the issue persists. Ensure to press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds to complete the reset process.

You can try these steps and see if they improve your current situation. We are looking forward to your prompt response to expedite the troubleshooting process.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarkK1957
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply.   Yes, holding the reset button for 10 seconds was one of the things I tried to restart/reset my unit but the reboot screen returns after about 7or 8 seconds and continues to loop from there.  I have unplugged the unit for several hours from any power source and when reconnecting, the reboot process starts all over again and continues with only a small pause after about 12 to 16 seconds or so, which it has been doing all along.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @MarkK1957.

Since we've exhausted all the possible troubleshooting steps, we will forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further review. For us to investigate this further, kindly provide the information:

• Serial number of the device (Can be found on the back of the Roku Device)

Please provide the information needed for us to expedite the review and resolution process.

We are looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MarkK1957
Reel Rookie

Hello -

Thanks for your continued assistance in solving the reboot issue with my Roku Express.

The serial number is: SOO9323K6AMG  

Also, I have only used the original HDMI and power cord that came with the unit which has been connected to a Sony Bravia KDL-50W800C when the reboot issue was discovered.  As mentioned in a previous message, the unit was connected to a different set using the same connectors (with the exception of a 5W 1A wall adaptor).  The reboot issue stayed the same.

Again, thank you.

0 Kudos
Mark614
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 2024 Update Issue

Hello Emman 

It looks like MarkK1957 is having the same issue that I did when I started this thread back in JANUARY. Scrolling backwards, I see that the dozen or so people who have experienced the same problem have not received a replacement Roku as promised. We have all responded to the private messages and gave the requested information. Any updates would be appreciated. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.