Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cordcutter68
Reel Rookie

Roku 3 photo stream stopped photo slideshow & keeps showing the same photo

Can someone please give me some advice how to bring back my 133 photos to my photo stream app on my flat screen tv? It was set up early Feb and worked fine but now it keeps showing the same photo. I tried deleting the app for a few minutes and then re-installed but same issue. I also can’t view the photos on my Roku app on my ipad, it just shows blank squares. Here’s the strange thing..the Photo Stream app is working fine right now on my smaller flat screen tv in another room🤷🏻‍♀️Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 photo stream stopped photo slideshow & keeps showing the same photo

When you remove a channel/app you must restart your Roku device before adding it again by unplugging the power or using the menu option under Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate) or you haven't accomplished anything.  I don't know if that will solve your problem, but make sure you do that restart before adding it again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Cordcutter68
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much! I actually had just shut off the tv before reinstalling, does that count as unplugging the power or does the Roku3 device need unplugged also? For some reason my screensaver is working on both tvs now but I’m still not able to view the photos on the ipad Roku app, so for now I won’t be able to download more…at least I have my screensaver back! I’m a new cordcutter and so pleased otherwise with this 10 yr old Roku I never hooked up until January 😊. All the experts told me I’d never be able to stream without cable because I only have 1-3mbps DSL with Verizon…my only option here unless I go back to Scamcast for their internet (no thanks!).  I hard wired my tv with an ethernet cable👍

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I'm glad you got it working, but no, turning off the TV doesn't restart your Roku 3.  It may have just been some kind of glitch or network issue that cleared itself up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos