Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HerbM

Re: Roku 3 - MicroSD Info Please 4200x

Jump to solution

SD-Card slot is NOT under HDMI, neither below physically nor literally underneath the HDMI when the HDMI is unplugged.

It is not visible anywhere on the back, even removing USB drive and Network cable doesn't show a slot, even using a head lamp and a magnifier.

Nor is it on another edge, the bottom, or the top.

I have an older Roku Ultra (probably 2018-ish but it no longer works thus the upgrade) where the SD-Card slow is physically below the HDMI and visible even when the HDMI is plugged into the Roku so I do know the precise location of the SD-Card on that model.

At least 1 earlier message indicates the more recent Ultras have no slot, but channels seem slow loading and sometimes the message suggesting an SDCard will improve loads is displayed.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku 3 - MicroSD Info Please 4200x

Jump to solution

@HerbM You did not list the model number of your Roku. Many players no longer have SD Card slots, but we need to know your specific model number to answer that question.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
phxrider
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku 3 - MicroSD Info Please

Jump to solution

While there's no technical benefit to larger cards, there are hardly any small SD cards anymore, and when you find one they are often more expensive than higher capacity ones, and slower.

0 Kudos