Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notwoke316

Re: Removing Offensive Ads on Roku Home Screen

Jump to solution

how do I get the LGBTQ content off my Home Screen?? Stop desensitizing and indoctrinating my kids!!

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@notwoke316 

You will find ads of all types on three of the Big Four platforms: Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Google/Android TV.

The only major streaming platform without ads is Apple TV.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
SCGranny
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you!  We cannot leave our grandchildren alone with the TV during the entire month of June.  This is ridiculous.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SCGranny 

You could submit a feature request for ad ratings and filtering at the Suggest a Feature page.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Avaya
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@arjaysmithjr  Did you really just say the "N" word? Seriously? Post reported. 

NomoreAds
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Even Apple TV had suggested music with horrible CD album covers that could not be hidden last time I tried it. I took my Apple TV back to the store.

Nelly_hnb7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you. Really didn’t appreciate an ad for drag queens in the bedroom of my 8 year son that I’m paying for! Mental.

Nelly_hnb7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m a paying customer and don’t want my 8 year old son seeing large drag queen ads. It’s not your business what other people don’t want to pay to see in their own homes. If they don’t like it, it should be able to be turned off. 

Orvnot42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There should be a “Taylor Swift” category for offensive ads but unfortunately you can only choose things like alcohol, nudity or violence. Sigh. 

Orvnot42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hit the asterisk button when you’re looking at an ad. You can choose horror as one of the things to hide. 

0 Kudos