Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vcab

Re: Remove the big search box from Roku home screen

Jump to solution

The new search box just causes more clicks to get to the app I want. I do not need to search every time I want to use it. It is just a nuisance to me. I do not like it at all.

ETC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This should be an option not a forced mandate by Roku.  Period.

Get rid of that silly search box please - or at least give the user the option to hide it.

Kimo56

Jump to solution

That’s too bad, because as a customer impacted by this, I don’t like it. 

jpx

Jump to solution

Unplugging and switching to Apple TV.

bob57denison
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The better be gone or user removable pretty fast.   I am already using web-os on main TV instead where-as I used ROKU prior.

ROKU, this means I won't use the subscriptions via ROKU. I'd be firing a dept myself.

Jzoll

Jump to solution

It's awful, I hate it. No reason to force users to click extra times to skip over a feature they don't want to use 99% of the time 

PiecedOff
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I noticed that this thread is now labeled "solved" and the ersatz solution is to post your input here and the product team will see it.

I'm not sure that making sure the product team sees the unhappiness is quite the same as "solved".  Especially since the posts of dissatisfaction continue to roll in.

To me, solved would be the Roku team either removing/relocating the search feature...or telling us definitively 'too bad, get over it'.

Right now this is at best..."pending resolution".

neo1981
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not a solution. The thread should be kept open or "won't fix" -- so that it's clear where Roku stands on this issue. 

Moreover, the response has nothing to do with the issue either. The Search menu option is completely separate issue than a search box showing on the UI. 

Been with Roku since the days it used to be just a Netflix box! Of late, I am getting really tired of all the monetization schemes I see on the UI to 'trick' me into doing things. Not a fan. If you want to make more money, be open like Amazon Kindle and ask me for $20 more to show no-ads and I'd gladly pay it to not deal with this nonsense. 

no10

Jump to solution

6/13/2023:  Just wanted to added my voice to what others have posted re the New Search Box

Please remove the big search box from the Roku Home screen.   It requires an extra click and it's not a box that one would frequently want or use when accessing their Roku.   

At the very least, there should be a way to Hide it or Delete it.   

I find it very annoying. 

Thanx. 

putaro

Jump to solution

Not a solution!

The search belongs in the left hand list where it was and still is.  Putting it as the thing you have to click through to get to and of your apps/inputs is horrible.

Take it out!