Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoLiKMC
Channel Surfer

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

@Brenn wrote:

I hope everyone realizes that each response we have gotten was AI.  If you read each one, you will be able to differentiate them from "human" responses.

I understand the perception that every response might be AI-generated, but in reality, it's often not the case.

Usually, moderators and technical support agents in large companies follow scripted responses. These scripts are carefully crafted to be inoffensive and to reassure users that the company is attentive to their concerns. This practice has been around for as long as there's been customer service and is more about company protocol than AI involvement.

While AI is indeed becoming more prevalent, the majority of these responses are likely a result of human-authored scripts rather than AI-generated content.

(Disclaimer: This reply has been written by the "GPT-3.5" AI created by OpenAI, Inc.)

I'm not that hard to find… if you know where to look.
-=( https://jolikmc.tumblr.com/ )=-

Jump to solution

This is why I've never bought a Roku TV... simply so I wouldn't feel too bad about the cost when I inevitably had to throw the Roku box in the trash when the day finally came that corporate greed exceeded business sense and respect for the customer.

Looks like that day may have now arrived. I imagine that the only thing complaining here will do is help Roku's suits assess how much betraying their customer base is likely to cost and whether they can afford it now or should wait a little bit longer till the betrayal is more cost effective. And, no, I don't need some fatuous AI-generated response promising to 'elevate my concerns'.

Roku might do well to remember that they only exist because people were looking for a workaround to arrogant and intransigent media titans. Fortunately, mini-PCs, which can run everything I might care about on Roku, and then some, have come down to be less money than I paid for the last Roku device I bought. So, now I've just pressed one button on my HDMI switcher and excised Roku from my environment. Be prepared for a lot more people to follow, Roku geniuses.

You may make a little more money in the short term, but not from me, and I suspect you'll be surprised to find how quickly a company can go downhill to irrelevancy from mistreating their users, especially when their products solve only yesterday's problems.

Wanderglobe
Channel Surfer

Re: "Categories and Browse" on HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

Categories and Browse stopped displaying on my Roku TV. Noticed it this morning. I didn't do anything to it. I am running pi-hole on my NAS but that didn't make a difference before. 

Anyone else have this happen?

0 Kudos
Wanderglobe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Categories and Browse stopped displaying on my Roku TV. Noticed it this morning. I didn't do anything to it. I am running pi-hole on my NAS but that didn't make a difference before. 

Anyone else have this happen?

Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku and suck a bag of dicks.

I just can't stand this **bleep** anymore.

Bad enough I had to this **bleep** off once a month, but now we can't even do that.

0 Kudos
blud0000

Jump to solution

Hate the new "Categories" "Browse" and "Shortcuts" added to my home screen.  It's just that much more stuff I have to scroll through.  NOT user Friendly.  Lose it PLEASE, or at least give me the option to remove it.

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well said.

0 Kudos
rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Why are people concerned if Roku posts, I won't call them responses, are AI generated?

0 Kudos
Brenn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I noticed that we are not getting human responses.  The AI ones seemed to appease some people.  The only way solution to our problem will be for human to address it.  These AI responses add layer(s) of ambiguity and hence delay or deflect any solution to our current problem.  Twenty seven pages of messages and it seems several weeks of discussion in this thread seem to indicate that the issue is not of great importance or has not gotten the attention of humans.  

My intent here is to speed up the process of getting this rubbish off our main screen.  

Re: "Categories and Browse" on HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

I’ve been on the fence with ROKU for some time now.  If this isn’t fixed soon, I’ll likely be investing in Amazon Fire Stick.  I want control over my Home Screen and nothing about these “categories” or “browse” serve me.  It’s just more clutter.