Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maliska
Streaming Star

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

Everyone please call the support number

+18162728106

Call every day if you have to.

This is the only way they will listen if they even bother.

Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Please everyone call their tech support line and complain

816 272  8106

This is the only way they will listen

Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Everyone needs to call their tech support number and complain. 

Make them talk to us.

yann-gael
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Wanderglobe , lucky you!

Unfortunately, not for me: could you please share your software version here? (In Settings, System, System Update)

Did your Pi-Hole recently updated too, maybe?

0 Kudos
Brenn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree that "Categories and Browse" are a minor inconvenience NOW.  The fact remains that until this minor inconvenience showed up, we had total control over what is presented in the center section of our screen be it six or sixty icons.  

Each icon in these two sections has at least ten and up to forty options within.  What happens when ROKU decie we should have more of these sections and intersperse them with the ones we've specifically chosen to display.  

The home screen already has a solution built in that is already partially implemented...            Home>Settings>Home Screen permits you to Show or Hide specific categories.  Sports and Live TV are among these already.  Once turned on, they are easier to access by simply scrolling down.

While I have no intention of leaving ROKU right away, this has dampened my enthusiasm for the brand.

Brenn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did call and my call got dropped "twice".

jimsz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

No but for you I doubt it will be gone long

0 Kudos
SherryBfine
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Even see more ad's now on the Roku Channel ( my kids watching stuff ) - and do not remember them much before ?    Maybe am paying more attention now because of this ?  Dropping Cable ( cutting the cord ) was a good option years back - Not Much Now - Am paying just as much for other Services/Options as well as seeing more Ad(vertisements) everywhere !

andyross
Roku Guru

Re: "Categories and Browse" on HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

I have Roku, FireTV, and Google TV. Believe me, if you hate the changes to the Roku screen, you will be horrified at a FireTV or Google home screen.

Jump to solution

I agree.  Roku management, please add an option to remove this clutter from the home screen.