Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siamhie
Streaming Star

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

Did anyone notice that the "Categories" and "Browse" section just takes you to the Roku channel. So basically, Roku is spamming their own channel now.

Guess I'll look into my routers firewall options for help.

hnbrink
Binge Watcher

Re: "Categories and Browse" on HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

It only showed up for me Dec 3. I keep a few preferred channels at the end of my list because I could scroll backwards quickly. Now I have 2 rows of useless unnecessary bloated clutter instead. This just means I’ll delete more apps on my TV. Get rid of this, Roku. 

hnbrink
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It just showed up for me Dec 3. I keep a few favorite channels at the end of my list since I could scroll backwards easily. Now I have 2 rows of useless unnecessary bloated clutter on things I’ll never use instead. I do not follow any “popular” trends. So these are worthless. Let us hide them 

JCGoodwin
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Apparently, Charlie Collier is the person to write to, if his contact information is available.

Roku Screen.jpg

I barely recognize the Roku Home screen now.

meh3

Jump to solution

I agree with all these other posters. I can't stand this cluttered home screen and am actively looking for something to switch to where I can customize my home screen and I'm not forced to look at a bunch of crp I have no interest in. I've been with Roku since Roku 1 but good job at getting a very long-time loyal customer to leave.

SmilingBob
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

"I’m also not sure if these additions are supported by their older hardware because they have not appeared on any of my older hardware yet."

If you're older hardware can be updated to the newest Roku firmware then it will get the "feature."  I have four Roku2 4210 units and they all got the update.

Gaucho91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

"I’m also not sure if these additions are supported by their older hardware because they have not appeared on any of my older hardware yet."

They showed up on my 2015 Roku 2.

Joeaug
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, this garbage has now shown up on all my devices.

FYI, on Fire TV devices, they have just started to roll out a mandatory video ad when the device powers on now.

Jibz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If we had a choice between Roku's current software, and that from a decade ago, I'm sure that most people would choose the latter. IT'S THAT BAD! Literally every single tweak that they have made over that span of time has been for the worse. What is so mystifying though, is that in almost every case, they could have avoided the resulting backlash and 'angst' by simply making the added features an option. .....and they have been told so over, and over, and over again! Unfortunately, they have chosen to thumb their noses at all of us instead. I don't know who's in charge of software developement, and that of 'research' so that they understand their own customer base, but from the outside looking in, both 'indifference' and 'incompetence' appear to be the words of the day.

CATMeT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

FIGHT BACK!

Uninstall Roku Channel App, and Roku Live TV App.

If you can't get rid of these two rows of unwanted garbage they are shoving down your throat, that as siamhie says goes to Roku Channels, get rid of them by uninstalling their apps.

FIGHT BACK by costing them app hits. Don't let your viewing habits allow them to line their pockets with ad revenue by opening their apps or watching any of their channels.

Hit them where it will hurt them.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.