Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovering older footage without as card inserted

I need to recover footage from 60 or so days ago is it possible without a sad card installed? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Recovering older footage without as card inserted

@Gabyjayde29 wrote:

I need to recover footage from 60 or so days ago is it possible without a sad card installed? 

Roku devices do not record anything, regardless if it has an SD card installed. For the few devices that support an SD card, it's only used for channel/app storage space. A Roku TV does have the ability to pause something from live broadcast TV, but that requires a USB drive connected to the TV and it does not continually record. So there is nothing that can be retrieved from previous days use. The same applies to all Roku players. You can't retrieve anything because nothing is stored. 

There are some providers that offer cloud storage for their specific apps/channels, but again that data is not retained on the Roku itself. No Roku device has enough storage memory to be able to function as a DVR and retain content. They only have sufficient memory to operate and store the apps/channels for use.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
renojim

@atc98092, I assume @Gabyjayde29 is speaking of a Roku camera.

@Gabyjayde29, if you have a Smart Home subscription, Roku only stores videos for 14 days.  If you didn't download it in that time, they're gone.  If you don't have a subscription, they were never stored in the first place.

How to set up and view recordings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell | Official Roku S...

I am not a Roku employee.
atc98092

That never occurred to me. You are likely correct. Thanks for that!

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.