Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdmike067
Reel Rookie

Privacy Questions pertaining to info you share with others -- especially 3rd parties

Jump to solution

I could not find a help page where I could select all the options to optimally eliminate all 3rd party access any of my info – phone, email, address, etc.

For example, are these steps the best options and are there any important changes I should know about since the published date (year) of 2023.

All settings can be found by going to Settings, then Preferences, then Privacy Settings.

• Choose Device Usage Data and turn this setting off.
  • Go to Collect App Usage Data and turn this setting off.
  • Select Interest-based Ads and turn this setting off.

Looking forward to your reply.

Michael Thal

[personal information removed]

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Privacy Questions pertaining to info you share with others -- especially 3rd parties

Jump to solution

@sdmike067-

Does this page, found via a web search for Roku privacy policies, answer your questions?

https://docs.roku.com/published/userprivacypolicy

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sdmike067
Reel Rookie

Re: Privacy Questions pertaining to info you share with others -- especially 3rd parties

Jump to solution

For example, one of the issues was I could not find Privacy Settings in this recommended path:

Settings, then Preferences, then Privacy Settings.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@sdmike067-

Does this page, found via a web search for Roku privacy policies, answer your questions?

https://docs.roku.com/published/userprivacypolicy

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
sdmike067
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you very much.

As a retired software engineer, I am pretty good at dealing with spam.

Not as good with bogus phone calls. But I suspect this all started when I donated to one of those unsavory ‘charities’ that only gives about 10% of the money they collect to police officers. But it spawned over 20 calls per week.

And YES, I never answer and I block every incoming call after a cursory check if it's a number I should back. Of course one big clue is there is never a caller ID.

So, despite my wish that ROKU would never release my phone number – they may be clean and that is good enough for me.

Michael T.

California

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.