Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resta
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen Mirroring Suddenly Won't Connect

I have the sane problem. Did u fix It?

7 REPLIES 7
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Resta

Thank you for the post!

If your Roku screen mirroring suddenly won't connect, there are several steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check your device compatibility: Not all devices support screen mirroring with Roku. Make sure your device is compatible with Roku screen mirroring by checking the list of compatible devices on Roku's website.
  • Restart your Roku device: Sometimes restarting your Roku device can help resolve connectivity issues. To do this, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart on your Roku.
  • Restart your device: If restarting your Roku didn't work, try restarting the device you're trying to mirror. This can help reset the connection and may fix the issue.
  • Move the devices closer together: Make sure your Roku and device are close enough to each other for a strong Wi-Fi signal. If they're too far apart, the signal may not be strong enough for screen mirroring.
  • Check your Wi-Fi connection: Make sure your Roku and device are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If they're not, you won't be able to connect for screen mirroring.
  • Update your Roku software: Check if there is an update available for your Roku device. Go to Settings > System > System update to check for any available updates. If there is an update available, install it and try connecting again.
  • Disable VPN or firewall: If you're using a VPN or firewall, try disabling it temporarily and see if that resolves the issue. Sometimes these settings can interfere with screen mirroring.

Warm regards,
    Lianna
Resta
Reel Rookie

That last part was really helpful, it worked. I spent about 5 hours tryna fix dat,I'm kinda hazy. Thanks 4 ur quick support, I'm Glad!

0 Kudos
osl7
Streaming Star

the simple answer is no

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @osl7

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? How are you screen mirroring your Roku device? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

Everything you said, I'm have the same problem from about a month ago on my TCL Roku tv attempting screen mirroring from my Samsung Z fold 3 but it is not working. It has worked just fine for years and all of a sudden it stops and it looks like a lot of people on here are having the same issue. It's so frustrating because I keep trying and trying and nothing works. I have done every little trick possible and nothing. My buddy has his IPhone & it just connected immediately with no problem. I have been attempting this for days. Please help Roku support  department!!

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello @Garrebear32

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We apologize to hear about your experience. To clarify, have you tried the suggested troubleshooting steps posted by @RokuLianna? Or attempting to screen mirror a different mobile device to see if it helps? 

Another way to share your personal photos and videos, or songs from the music library stored on your mobile device is with the Play on Roku feature on the Roku mobile app. The Roku mobile app is a free application for iOS and Android devices.

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
tml92

I've tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions with no luck. I just bought a brand new TV and was able to connect via cast and smart view mirroring the first month and then nothing. it will start to connect and then suddenly revert back to the home screen multiple times. if I am lucky enough to connect, it will play the audio but only shows my phone's wallpaper and never anything else. you can't see anything on the screen no matter how many different solutions I've tried. aspect ratio, restarting, reseting (both the TV and phone), official and 3rd party apps, starting the mirroring in different apps or orientations, disconnecting→reconnecting, network reseting, EVERYTHING. I can connect to every other smart tv in the house, except for my own 😮💨 I'm returning it and never buying roku again cause I've had so many issues with every one I've purchased. they're cheap for a reason 

0 Kudos