Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffuke
Reel Rookie

Re: REMOVE recommended for you on roku home screen

Jump to solution

Thank you! That worked!  All that extra garbage was just garbage. I understand that if you had not "assumed" everybody wanted to see it, nobody would have had any clue it even existed. That would have disappointed the one person in millions who would want to see it. So you had to enable it by default. But you should have also given us a just-as-apparent way to turn it off without having to come here and complain.

0 Kudos
ThisishT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Express 4K+ and I experienced the same issue (many weeks ago) with "The Spiderwick Chronicles" being automatically added by Roku to my Home (Search - What to Watch - THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES etc. and list of my apps) page and also being listed as a "Menu Item" that is associated with (settings > Home Screen > Layout = Recommendation rows Skip/Hide - Menu Items = Live TV Skip/Hide - What to Watch Skip/Hide - THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES Skip/Hide - Featured Free Skip/Hide - Sports Skip/Hide. The problem was that "The Spiderwick Chronicles is a Roku original series" title and for some absurd reason Roku considered this as a "Menu Item". Roku has now made the decision to add "ALL THINGS FOOD" that is already associated with "Recommendation rows" as a Home page Item. The feature that I would like for Roku to permanently include to my device is the short lived 3X3 or 4x4 app tile grid choice of size option that mysteriously appeared and then several weeks later vanished (reverted back to 3X3) from my device but I fear that Roku made the decision not to support the app tile grid size as a choice of option and that Roku can and will continue to modify the Roku system as they chose.   

0 Kudos
Nicholas82
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just stuck with it until the Hide option worked.

It took two weeks.

0 Kudos
DanUK
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

note the words show and hide

hiding does not stop them from spying on what you watch and sharing it with up to 430 data agencies who then go on to share it with their clients.

i did a test, i deleted the saved items in the roku channel, then after selecting hide on what to watch and save options i enabled them for 1 minute.

during that minute i went back to the home screen and what to watch showed the things i had been watching on netflix, not just today but in the weeks since i thought i had disabled it.

they do not have adequate consent to this as i have covered in my other posts.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

OMG 😱 thank you so much! You're an MVP, a real upstanding guy! The amount of clutter I was able to remove simply by following your instructions is phenomenal. No more sports recommendations which I'll never ever watch and much less clutter so throughout the UI.

I can never thank you enough. I could cry. 😭 

I was so upset seeing **bleep** I'll never use and now I'm overwhelmed by how much cleaner my home screen looks.