Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cprassas
Reel Rookie

RCA 65” Roku TV Airplay needs reset every time

My Roku TV recently updated. My iPhone 13 Pro recently received an update, as well. Somewhere, the two clashed. Since the late January/Feb updates, I can no longer rely on airplay to work. Many times I can get it to work by resetting the network. Should this be needed every time I want to use it? Granted, Roku has many video apps, but I have a few on my phone that are not available on Roku. Besides, Roku claims compatibility with airplay and screen mirror through airplay, so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: RCA 65” Roku TV Airplay needs reset every time

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Cprassas!

It is highly appreciated that you brought this to our attention and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution so you can utilize the Airplay feature again.

In this case, we suggest disabling the IPV6 on your network connection to see if this will make any difference. If you are unable to do so, kindly contact your Internet Service Provider and let them disable this for you. 

After doing so and you are still unable to utilize Airplay, kindly provide us with the following details below as we'd be more than happy to coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team so they can investigate your Roku player:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Your iPhone 13's current IOS version.

Additionally, if there are error messages prompted on your mobile phone whenever you are trying to utilize Airplay, kindly provide us with a screenshot of it for reference. 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you resolve this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cprassas
Reel Rookie

Re: RCA 65” Roku TV Airplay needs reset every time

This is a hassle that no one needs. It’s silly to think that as big a company as Roku is, they couldn’t opt in to IPv6, to accommodate technological advances. It’s also silly to think that customers should have to tweak their networks to compensate. My solution is “never buy from a company that doesn’t care enough about industry standards to make the effort.” But, thank you for responding at least. I’m just tired of All the false promotions.

0 Kudos