Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KramSregor
Reel Rookie

Photo Streams now limited to photos on device?

We are enjoying Photo Streams. I uploaded 700+ photos and it works great. BUT, I wanted to add more photos stored in Google Photos on the cloud, as I did for hundreds of others. I went through the same steps on the Android version of the Roku app as before, but now I can no longer choose the location of the photos I want to use. The app has lost the ability to browse among local and network photo locations. I could formerly browse to Google Photos, select and download photos which the app would then upload to Photo Streams. Now the ability to browse to Google Photos or other locations is gone. I can only select from photos and albums on my phone and cannot see or select from Google Photos albums stored in the Cloud.

I un/re-installed the Roku Android app, but there was no change. The menu icons that formerly allowed me to choose the Photo locations is GONE? 

Any help appreciated (Google Pixel 4a 5G, Android 13).

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo Streams now limited to photos on device?

Hi @KramSregor,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and providing information about the issue with Roku Streams that are unable to add photos.

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @KramSregor 

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with uploading photos into Photos Streams.

Can you please be provide us a screenshot of their share sheet so we can better understand the issue you are experiencing? Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to hearing back from you and assisting you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KramSregor
Reel Rookie

Attached are screenshots of what appears in the Roku app> Settings> Manage >Photo Streams > Add Photos.

There used to be icons for Google Drive, Google Photos, Dropbox, etc. To choose from. 

Now it's limited to 2 tabs- Photos and Albums- both apparently local on the device only...No way to Access any other photos anymore.

Screenshot #1 

Screenshot #2 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KramSregor,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the requested screenshot related to the Roku Photo Streams issue you are experiencing.

Rest assured that we'll share these details with the appropriate team for further review.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KramSregor
Reel Rookie

As of today, 4/13/23, the ability to browse to outside network locations seems to have been restored. So this problem report is resolved. (Not sure how, but thanks if Roku engineers did something).

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KramSregor,

Thanks for the update regarding the issue with Photo Streams.

We're glad to know it's working now. Please let us know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Thanks for using our services. Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos