Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
all9

Photo Streams link Google account error: We are unable to process your request

At roku.com, I'm trying to link my Photo Streams to my Google photos.  I enter the Google username and password, then grant access to my Google photos.  I just get a spinner on the screen.  After a few minutes, I reload this URL:  https://photostreams.roku.com/external/google/albums

I logged out, logged back in, went to "Create a new Stream", chose "Link to Google photos" again and I get this error message:  We are unable to process your request

In my gmail I see the Security alert:  ROKU Photo Streams was granted access to your Google Account

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Photo Streams link Google account error: We are unable to process your request

Just writing to say I have precisely the same problem. Will update if I figure it out. Thanks

0 Kudos
LFR612

Re: Photo Streams link Google account error: We are unable to process your request

I’m having the same problem 

0 Kudos
Daonlynewera
Reel Rookie

Same problem

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Daonlynewera

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know that you're encountering the same issue with Photo Streams linked with Google Photos, and we'd be happy to help. For this instance, kindly follow the steps on how to successfully link your Google Photos to your Roku Photo Streams below:

1. Sign in to your Roku account.

2. Create a new Photo Stream.

3. Upload photos or link albums from Google Photos.

For more information, you can visit Roku Photo Streams. Additionally, we recommend using another browser if you're unable to link or upload the photos from your Google account.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Daonlynewera
Reel Rookie

I've  tried but still encountered the same problem 

0 Kudos

My issue was that I had no albums.  I had plenty of photos, but no albums.  I created an album, put some photos in it and now everything works.

0 Kudos
gnoinc
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi – We are using a streaming stick with the Photo Streams app, but it keeps un-linking from our Google Photos account. This happens at least once a week, where I need to re-link the account. 

It is troublesome, because we are trying to use the Roku as a digital signage display.

0 Kudos
gnoinc
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi – I'm checking in on this, not sure why nobody is available to assist with this

0 Kudos