Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 13] Automatic exit Guest Mode, bad firmware update.

Hi @Audryana,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue with your Roku TVs, which are stuck in Guest mode. Please send us the following details mentioned above so that we can coordinate this with our Roku-appropriate team.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue across my portfolio (~150 Roku TVs)

0 Kudos
Annoyed8

TCL roku TV 1612GTC000949A08811

TCL roku TV 7210GTC1231200731

Hisense roku TV S/N:55G224290H01821

All 3 tvs in guest mode stuck in endless loop of rebooting for the last 3 days. 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you all for letting us know that you are also having an issue with your Roku TV/device being stuck in guest mode. We would like to coordinate this with our Roku-appropriate team, so kindly provide us with the following details.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have this exact same issue. I used these TV's in a hospitality application and have over 50 TV's with this issue over the past week. I am disgusted with the support (lack of) received.

0 Kudos
fake_name

I have multiple TV's in guest mode for our short term rentals. They are all TCL Roku TVs but the loop is so quick that you cannot even go to Settings to find the information you are asking for! You enter the WiFi in recovery mode, it then "Updates" and immediately goes into a cycle of Signing Out, Restarting, Signing Out, Restarting, etc... over and over. You do not even have the ability to move around on the Home Screen, let alone view your settings. It happens in seconds.

0 Kudos
Florida-Rentals
Binge Watcher

I found that switching the guest mode off from your app or browser stops the reboot loop, and you can then set it back to guest mode.

Hannah005
Reel Rookie

My TVs instantly start signing out again after reboot and there is no way to navigate to the Settings to check this information. I have the two Onn TVs doing the same thing now. The only info I can get is the TV model for the Onn which is 100012590. I tried pushing the home button 5 times and the back button 5 times when it was happening but it didn't do anything and the TV just restarted. I need your prompt attention on this as this is costing my client that owns the airbnbs I manage money.

0 Kudos
Dkradel
Reel Rookie

Thank you! This worked 

0 Kudos
Hannah005
Reel Rookie

@RokuRiamie-D I was finally able to view the details you requested by pressing the reset button with the power off. It brought me to the Recovery screen. I can select the language there and then it prompts me to connect and update now. It completes the update and goes back to the sign out screen. Here is the info that was present in the Recovery screen:

Version: EPC.02R01359A

Serial number: X0200071TX8C

Device id: S0MG63C1TXBC

Roku TV: H507X

onn.model: 100012590

When it booted back up and started doing the signing out loop I was able to press the home button 5 times and the back button 5 times. A screen with more details briefly came up but I couldn't get the info fast enough to get the Tracker ID before it started rebooting.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.