Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amprella
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku update 11.5.0 build 4225-c2 ultra 4800x 4820x device not staying in sleep mode.

I did some more testing to narrow down the cause of this.  If Screensaver is On and Auto Power Savings is checked On to power off after 20 minutes of inactivity, the problem of waking up while in Sleep Mode occurs.  When either Screensaver is disabled, OR Auto Power Savings is NOT checked to power off after 20 Minutes, The problem does NOT occur, but there is no energy savings.  With Screensaver OFF and Auto Power Savings checked ON, 20 minutes or so has to transpire before power off.  With Screensaver ON and Auto Power Savings OFF, I get a message when disabling Auto Power Off that the Roku device is using more power, but it does go into and seems to stay in Sleep Mode.

BTW, when both are On and is at the Roku Home menu, it will go into Sleep Mode, but power back on after 18 minutes.  I've been able to consistently recreate that scenario.

mitchd
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku update 11.5.0 build 4225-c2 ultra 4800x 4820x device not staying in sleep mode.

I can confirm that amprella suggested, turning off the 20 minute power saving mode resolves the problem. 

0 Kudos
Amprella
Binge Watcher

Thanks for confirming my findings.  Now if the Roku team can get the Power Savings Mode fixed to work in harmony with the Screensaver, the device will be fully Energy-Star compliant.

Amprella
Binge Watcher

ROKU SUPPORT: Any chance of getting 'Screensaver ON'  to work again with 'Auto Power Savings' LIKE IT USED TO WITHOUT THE POWER UP OF ROKU AFTER 18 MINUTES?  Having Auto Power Savings turned off is a temporary fix.  It would be nice to be fully Energy Star-comnpliant like it used to be before OS 11.5 update of Oct. 2022.

0 Kudos
dgfresh1
Reel Rookie

If the light goes out, which means it's probably in standby mode, why would you think it's not using less energy? Thank you

0 Kudos
techhead51
Binge Watcher

Because the light will come back on, 5 minutes screen saver light goes off, 20 minutes later, light is back on, so roku is not using less power,  could make it over heat or cause the power adapter to fail 

0 Kudos
dgfresh1
Reel Rookie

I have the screensaver turned on, set to 1 minute. I unchecked the auto power feature. It has been an hour, light is not coming back on