Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amprella
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku update 11.5.0 build 4225-c2 ultra 4800x 4820x device not staying in sleep mode.

As stated in my previous post, I installed the latest update, with the same results.  There are no other HDMI switching devices in the chain.  Roku Ultra connected directly into HDMI1 of a Sony XBR-43X800H.  The similar Android apps available are rapidly making the need for using a Roku box obsolete.  I have some legacy Roku channels I occasionally watch, but not a must-have.  The Roku box should not switch itself on after the initial screensaver works once and goes into sleep mode, especially with the TV off and the TV input not switched to the Roku input HDMI.  

0 Kudos
RoyElam
Streaming Star

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku update 11.5.0 build 4225-c2 ultra 4800x 4820x device not staying in sleep mode.

Installed the new update today Wed Oct 26 and the issue is fixed, I turned the screen saver back on, Kudos to Roku’s support for fixing this rather quickly. 😺

0 Kudos
Amprella
Binge Watcher

Still not working on my Roku Ultra LT 4801-RW.  It will work one time if the Roku unit is on, and my TV is set to the Roku input.  I will switch inputs back to the Sony Home screen, power off, and the Roku box after about 20 minutes of so, will power back on the the Roku Home screen, and stay on.

Perhaps the Ultra LT model has some hardware differences not addressed in the 4235 update.

0 Kudos
RoyElam
Streaming Star

Hi Amprella,

The new update fixed my Roku Ultra.
This is likely not the issue you are having but you say you “switch inputs back to the Sony Home screen, power off”… You do know that the Roku has to be on its home screen and not streaming in order for sleep mode to work?

When switching back to your TV’s home screen you must leave the Roku on It’s home screen. You likely know this but just making sure! 

I run Fubo TV from the Roku and never need to go to any of my Samsung TV’s menu items, I just press Roku home and TV power off on the Roku remote.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community user,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

Our team has continued investigating the issue.

In the meantime, we would recommend trying to check for a system update by going to Settings > System > System update. Then once your device has been updated, if this issue is not resolved, please help us with the additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amprella
Binge Watcher

Thanks for trying to help, but, yes, my Roku box is at the Home page when I turn things off.  It initially goes into sleep mode where I get the screensaver.  I then go you my TV's home page, which disconnects the HDMI input when switching.  I can either watch something else with the various Android apps for the Sony, or simply turn the TV off.  20 minutes or so later, Roku turns itself back on, and when I turn the TV on and switch to the HDMI input, it is at the Roku Home screen.

Samsung Smart TVs use a variant of Android (Tizen), and there aren't as many apps available, so I would use a Roku or other streaming box as well if I owned one.

0 Kudos
Amprella
Binge Watcher

As stated a few times in earlier posts, I have updated to the latest code.  Same problem.  Roku box at Home screen, screensaver comes on and the LED light goes off when entering sleep mode, BUT IT DOESN'T STAY IN SLEEP MODE AFTER 20 minutes or so.  While I can't provide an actual screenshot, this is what it says:

Issue Report Tracker:

Model: 4801RW - Roku Ultra

Serial number: X01000MFWX5R (S0DD31CFWX5R)

Software version: 11.5.0 - Build 4235-DE

Timestamp: 2022-10-26T16:14:54Z

Please use issue ID 5R-430-094 to report the current issue

Please let Tech support know that if the TV is on the Roku HDMI input and Roku box is on, screensaver does work, but as soon as you turn the TV off or switch to another input source (or both), the Roku box will power back up.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Amprella,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information and our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amprella
Binge Watcher

Mary, some additional information.  If the HDMI port for the Roku box is selected on the TV, and  either Roku is powered on, it will enter Sleep Mode.  If the TV is shut off manually keeping that HDMI port selected, the Roku box STAYS in Sleep Mode.  If any other input is selected on the TV and the Roku box is in Sleep Mode, eventually the Roku device will power up out of Sleep Mode, regardless if the TV is turned on or not.  My guess is as a retired Advisory Programmer/Analyst is that there's some polling of active ports going on, and if the Roku's HDMI port is not selected, i.e. an open connection, it powers on. That's where I'd start.

0 Kudos
mitchd
Binge Watcher

Roku Ultra (2019) 4800X LG TV 65UH8500 (2016 model)

Same problem with both 2525 and 2535 build. The reason I am posting is that I have determined the the Roku is actually returning to standby mode after 20 minutes or so, but the indicator light either stays on or turns back on by itself (the Roku is actually still in standby/off). 

Possibly related, prior to the version 10 update, when the Roku was off, the TV could  sense the Roku. When I would hit the Roku Home Screen button, the LG tv would pop up and ask if I wished to switch to the Roku input. This is how the LG tv is designed to work with external inputs. Since version 10, and continuing with version 11 (both builds) the LG tv always thinks the the Roku is on even when it is actually off (including the indicator light). 

The Roku is directly connected to the TV.