Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suzanka
Reel Rookie

Roku is slower after update to 11.5

I've been using Roku Express for a while and everything was fine until I did an update to the newest software about two weeks ago. Now, I couldn't access Roku at all as internet are so slow. I have both 2g and 5g wifi at home and it never has a problem with Roku before. 

Already tried to do factory reset and other tips that I've found online but none have works.

Model: 3931RW, Device ID: S012299CPYPK

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku is slower after update to 11.5

Hey @suzanka

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Do you receive an error code or message?

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
suzanka
Reel Rookie

Hello,

Sorry for late response. 

So, the issue is for all channel. Even now, I tried to do factory setting and unable to connect to wifi even though the signal is strong. 

I received an error code before and after that, tried to do factory setting.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@suzanka 

If you have a cable ISP like Xfinity/Comcast, AT&T, or Cox, you will need to verify that your 2.4ghz band is configured to use b/g/n "wireless mode" as your Roku device is only 2.4ghz capable.  It can not see or use the 5ghz band of your network.

After changing the wireless mode in your router to b/g/n, restart both your router and your Roku device and you should be able to connect again.

If the above is not applicable to you, post back your router model number and ISP (internet service provider).  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos