Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michl1010
Reel Rookie

No Airplay & HomeKit in UI Menu

Hi Roku Team,

I need help with this also.  I can’t connect to HomeKit for the life of me and it’s very frustrating. Below are the details of my Roku TV:

TCL Model: 43S455

Serial #: X01200W5W6LE

Software version: 12.5.0

Build: 4176-CG

Please help!

Thank you,

Michelle

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Airplay & HomeKit in UI Menu

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @Michl1010.

Can you clarify if the Airplay feature is missing or if you were just unable to connect? Would performing a system restart on your device fix the issue? Also, this support article provides concise information regarding the AirPlay feature and how to connect it.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Michl1010
Reel Rookie

Thank you Janadee!  The Airplay feature is available, I'm just not able to add the Roku TV as an accessory in HomeKit because Homekit isn't recognizing the TV's QR code.  I've tried resetting the TV, turning on Fast Mode, and ensuring that Airplay is switched on.  None of those solutions caused Homekit to recognize the QR code.  I tried for over an hour yesterday to get it to work, and am pretty frustrated that I wasn't successful.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Michl1010,

Thanks for the update and for clarifying the situation here.

We would recommend to try this first. From Settings > System >Power. Try to disable the "auto power saving mode" for about an hour. Then, try again to see if there are any differences.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Michl1010
Reel Rookie

Thank you, but that didn’t work. It still says “failed to add accessory”. What is going on here?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Michl1010,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We'd like to see more on what's going on here. Could please share with us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Errors that you are experiencing on screen.

Once this information is available, we'll be able to report this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem as the previous. My information is this: 

model: 8102X - Roku TV 

Serial number: YK00F5445725 (AT482F445725) 

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4176-48 

GC version: 10.4.45 

issue ID: 25-506-790

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello, @Galacticpardon 

Greetings from the Roku Community and thanks for getting in touch!

We value the information you provided, and we will pass it to the relevant Roku team so they may look into it further.

When we have an update, we'll make sure to check back here.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator