Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Newest iPhone IOS update not compatible with roku?

It works on both my TCL Roku TV’s just fine. Again this thread is about Apple airplay. If you’re having problems with the Roku remote mobile app I suggest you make another thread. But you can try doing a factory reset on your TV, uninstalling the Roku remote app on your phone. Setting back up your TV restarting your phone then reinstalling the Roku remote mobile app. Is everything you’re using all the current versions such as mine? Are you using the current version of the Roku remote app? Is your TCL Roku TV completely up-to-date?

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

7266B8E0-B818-4C62-917F-8A2C7C5B2CF9.png

D6494106-DDF7-408A-B781-6CD9B642252E.jpeg

My bedroom TCL Roku TV. So again it works just fine. 

0 Kudos

My roku tv remote doesn’t work either after the newest iPhone update. It keeps saying not connected. I have to restart the app and sometimes it connects for a few minutes then disconnects again. I don’t know what to do

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Your talking about 2 entirely different things. A Roku remote for your tv is not the same as the Roku Remote app for your iPhone. It’s not the app. Latest version of iOS is 15.3.1. The Roku Remote app for iPhone is versions 8.2. Are you having problems with your Roku TV remote? Or are you having problems with the Roku remote app on your phone? iOS 15.3.1 was released awhile ago. 15.4 is soon to be released. Have you tried uninstalling the Roku Remote all from your phone, restarting your phone then reinstalling the app? Are you sure you using the official Roku remote app for iOS

0 Kudos

I’m talking about the roku tv app on my iPhone. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

There is no Roku TV app for your iPhone. There is however the official Roku Remote Control app for Android and iOS. Please follow the steps I laid out and answer back. As you can see from the pictures it works. I have an iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.3.1. I am using the Official Roku Remote Control app version 8.2. It works on both of my TCL Roku TV's running Roku OS 1.5. You need to be sure your phone is connected to the same WiFi as your TV.

https://support.roku.com/article/208755108

https://support.roku.com/article/115002681087

https://support.roku.com/article/217288467

https://support.roku.com/article/115001480188

0 Kudos

That’s what I mean the official roku remote control app. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it seems to be back to normal and working. Thanks!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

The original post of this thread was questioning AirPlay functionality. I tested my iPhone XR with my Ultra 4800 and my Premiere 3920. Both AirPlay and Screen Mirroring worked with both Roku devices. There doesn't appear to be any issue with either the Roku OS or the latest iOS update. 

And for the questions about the Roku remote control app, it works fine as well on all my Roku devices, some of which are wired on my network and some are wireless. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@atc98092  Apple AirPlay, Screen mirroring and the Roku Remote Control app all work on any of my 6 Roku devices. Roku OS 10.5 and iOS 15.3.1. So I totally agree with you

0 Kudos
Lorenkh
Reel Rookie

I’m having this issue too. Everything has been working fine for two years, but after iOS 15.3.1 update- none of the apps (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube) will open /play now on Roku. 
Does anyone know if the security patches they installed in latest update is somehow prohibiting these apps from using hotspot? Roku says device has “excellent connection” to iPhone hotspot. #ios

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.