Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Newest iPhone IOS update not compatible with roku?

@Lorenkh

Thanks for the post.
Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bferrante
Reel Rookie

Hello, I’m having the same issue. My video streaming apps aren’t working on my roku now that I’ve updated to 15. Everything was working fine before. I reset my tv, reset my phone to the original settings, the tv says it has an excellent connection.. I’ve reinstalled the apps.. checked for updates etc.. nothing has worked. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bferrante

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Littlelibrarian
Reel Rookie

Good afternoon, I am also having the same issue on my iPhone. 
I have an iPhone and iPad that no longer do air play on my Roku (although I can still cast YouTube videos - 🤔). 

when I click on screen mirroring button on my Apple device, the tv no longer shows up on all our Apple devices. When I click on AirPlay on the Roku, it just sits at a black screen, then goes back to the menu. 

I have shut off the iPhone and iPad and turned it back on. I have unplugged the Roku and plugged it back in. I have unplugged the wifi and plugged it back in. I have not yet factory reset any device …I’d prefer to make that one of my last options. 

i have a IPhone XR, iOS 15.4.1 and a roku premier software 10.5.0 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I have an XR on 15.4.1 (actually have two of them), and I see all of my Roku devices. I believe all my Rokus are now on some version of 11.0, but even with 10.5 I didn't have any issue. I'm wondering if your WiFi router might have received an update that toggled a security setting on that blocks WiFi devices from seeing anything on the network, and only provides Internet access? It sounds like that setting has been turned on for some reason. If your ISP controls your router, they do that sometimes without telling you they made changes. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Littlelibrarian
Reel Rookie

I’ve had that particular issue though, but when it would happen, I wouldn’t be able to print to my wireless printer, or see the roku remote app, and I can see the roku on the remote app and I can print. It just won’t cast from my phone anymore, or my husband’s, or any other Apple device in the house. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

When I got home this afternoon, I tested both my Ultra 4800 and Premiere 3920. My iPhone could screen mirror to both without issue. The phone was connected to one of my 5 GHz access points (I have multiple). The Ultra was connected to the same 5 GHz access point, while the Premiere was connected to a different access point on 2.4 GHz. Both Roku devices are on 11.0 and the phone is as mentioned on 15.4.1. If it's not working, then it's a setting somewhere on your wireless connection (router or access point). It's usually a security setting on the wireless. Is there any chance you also have a guest WiFi SSID, and either the phone or the Roku is connected to it? Guest connections always have a security setting that blocks any connected device from seeing other devices on the network.

Dan

0 Kudos
Kkelly8605

Mine doesn’t work anymore either I even had a windstream guy here trying to figure it out 

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Kkelly8605 I can almost guarantee it's something with your network. But there's too many variables to really offer remote advice via a platform like this. I can only reiterate that every Roku device I have works fine with my iPhone XR with iOS 15.5. Without knowing the specifics of your modem/router, any access points you might have, and lots of other little details, it's really tough to troubleshoot when you're not there on site. 

Dan

0 Kudos
zetm
Channel Surfer

I don't wish to argue with people telling me my network is the problem.  My iPhone now works and it recently updated to 15.5.  My iPad stopped working with the 15.5 update.   Obviously if one works and the other doesn't work and their on same version of IOS - the network is working.   Why a 1st generation iPad Pro stopped working on 15.5 update is interesting and why the iPhone works.   It's not the network.   Both devices have been restarted.   The pattern of the failure is interesting.   The app on the ipad just crashes when you asked by the ap to select a device.   Nothing else you can test or do here.  Restarting the iPad doesn't help.   The last thing any person wants to hear are these lines - 'IT WORKS FOR ME!'   Good for you!

0 Kudos