Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J713

New row on roku homescreen called "featured on roku channel"

With the recent update came a new, unremovable row on my home screen called "featured on the roku channel". No matter what I do I can not remove it. I don't use the roku channel often, and this device is used for children. The subject matter in the featured section is not always child friendly. Is there a setting or way to turn off this roku ad placement?

Edited to include more info:

This is on my roku express and roku 2. Software version 12.0.0 (Oct 2023 update) build 4184

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: New row on roku homescreen called "featured on roku channel"

@J713As I newbie, I recommend you state the Roku device type/model and which update including the build number. Without knowing this, its hard to make recommendations. Thanks

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
RockDirty
Reel Rookie

Take this flipping row off of our Roku's. Or at least make it removable.

I am tired of having things constantly shoved into my UI and having to disable them. That was bad enough.

Now you all got tired of people removing the things you're shoving in and just decided to shove in something that we can't remove.

STOP. 

cornfused

I agree...  remove it or give us the option to "hide" it from the Home screen, like the other Menu Items... "What to Watch", "Sports", etc. I actually removed the "Roku Channel" and the the "Live TV on The Roku Channel" apps... and it remained on the home screen. But now, instead of "featured on the Roku channel", mine now shows "Because you watched "null" on The Roku Channel" with two random shows.  PLEASE FIX THIS.. give us the option to "Hide" this. Move it from the Home screen and put it on the the Roku Channel.. just get it off the Home Screen.

Nuna Business
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community Users!

We appreciate  you for reaching out to us about your feedback. No worries, we'll share it with the team.

Thanks for your continued patience. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
barsottihouse
Reel Rookie

I love that mine say 'because you watched "null"... That's just embarrassing.

But the first thing I did when I saw that was see if it could be removed. I hate it too. 

jjwrzosek

Right now I have 6 Roku devices in my home. Yup. 6. I have a FireTV Cube on the TV in my office. 

With this new "feature," I'm actually looking at replacing all of my Rokus. I've been using Roku devices for a decade, but now with this **bleep** it looks like it's time to move on.

Later days, Roku. When marketing overpowers what your customer desires, time to move on. Good run, bad ending. 

jjwrzosek

0 Kudos