Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luckysmom1438
Reel Rookie

My saved search show is missing

Jump to solution

The show, The why files is missing from my saved show lineup, and when I search for it, it says “currently unavailable “. What’s going on ? I really like the show 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Where did The why files go

Jump to solution

Hi @Luckysmom1438 @Bennyfinklestie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know that you can't watch The Why Files content on your Roku. We would be more than willing to provide you with further details about this concern.

At times, television shows and movies may be removed from streaming platforms or become inaccessible. This can occur for several reasons, including the expiration of licensing agreements, technical issues that disrupt service, or content revisions. Licensing agreements are contracts between content owners and streaming services that allow the latter to host the former's content for a specified period. Once these agreements expire and are not renewed, the content is typically removed. Technical glitches, ranging from minor bugs to major system outages, can temporarily hinder access to certain shows. 

In addition, The Why Files content is still available on Roku, but you can access it using the Freevee channel. You may refer to this information in the Roku Channel Store online.

If you still have an issue accessing it on the Freevee channel, we highly suggest contacting the Freevee channel provider. Thanks for your understanding.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6

Where did The why files go

Jump to solution

Hey man wtf this is 1 of my favorite show to fall asleep to. We need why files back roku freevee tubi and prime . Yall are really bumming me out 

Luckysmom1438
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just went to Roku and it’s saying it’s available for free on freevee .

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Luckysmom1438 @Bennyfinklestie,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know that you can't watch The Why Files content on your Roku. We would be more than willing to provide you with further details about this concern.

At times, television shows and movies may be removed from streaming platforms or become inaccessible. This can occur for several reasons, including the expiration of licensing agreements, technical issues that disrupt service, or content revisions. Licensing agreements are contracts between content owners and streaming services that allow the latter to host the former's content for a specified period. Once these agreements expire and are not renewed, the content is typically removed. Technical glitches, ranging from minor bugs to major system outages, can temporarily hinder access to certain shows. 

In addition, The Why Files content is still available on Roku, but you can access it using the Freevee channel. You may refer to this information in the Roku Channel Store online.

If you still have an issue accessing it on the Freevee channel, we highly suggest contacting the Freevee channel provider. Thanks for your understanding.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WildBone

Jump to solution

It appears to be off all platforms other than YouTube. I checked Prime and FreeVee. Prime listed it but said it is not available in my area. FreeVee has no listing at all. What gives?

0 Kudos
Luckysmom1438
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep, same here. I went to freevee, because roku said it was on there, but freevee said not available. This totally stinks. Bring it back. It was good, informative and not junk shows.

0 Kudos
Luckysmom1438
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Freevee said it’s not available . Roku, bring it back….please.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.