Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4fishes

Re: My brand spankin new Roku 4k stick lost its memory. Why?

Jumping in on this thread.  The Roku stick I bought a few months ago is reacting the Exact same way.  It loses all settings and I have to set up like a new device.  Does not happen all the time, maybe once a week. Extremely frustrating. Unit is plugged in to an AC power supply.  My other two Roku units have worked fine for years with no problem.  Agree it may be a flash issue.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My brand spankin new Roku 4k stick lost its memory. Why?

@4fishes 

Perhaps a device issue.  Try replacing the power adapter to rule out improper/insufficient power supply. (any 5volt 1amp phone charger adapter should work). 

If continues to exhibit this behavior and is only a few months ago, should consider a warranty replacement. (https://support.roku.com/article/208757058)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.