Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Missing tiles / icons on Home Screen

Hi @marykhines0727,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your report on this issue and the additional details. Please note that we have forwarded this information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have an update available we'll make sure to keep this thread posted.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

Happening to me as well.  Fine yesterday...today a few app tiles are blank.  They still work, they just look dumb.  Restarted once...no help.  I don't think you need a "tracking ID".  Good luck with the "fix".  Hopefully.

!Update!

Just tried restarting my Ultra (again) and it worked.  All App "Icons/Tiles" are back to normal on both my devices now. 

gv77
Channel Surfer

Same issue here except I didn't replace anything.  It just randomly started happening a few days ago.  Re-installing the app with the missing tile will fix it, but then another app will experience the same issue.  The app itself is still there, just the actual display tile is missing. Hopefully there is some fix other than a factory reset.

20240523_163814.jpg

0 Kudos
Seewee

Graphic app tiles missing

I have just set up Roku stick on tv.  My apps are there but the graphic for the apps are missing. I have to use voice command to get to the app.  I have gone to system and done a power off.  That did not fix the problem

Thank you for making this so simple to fix!)

0 Kudos
Smokindog
Roku Guru

Re: 💡 OS 13 Announced! Learn more here

I finally got the update to 13 for my ROKUs.

What a disaster.

I have Ultras and Stick+ Some of my Stick+ had the tile thumbnails wiped out and the only way to fix it was to delete the app and reload it. Well that then caused the app to be removed from the Ultras that are always powered on and then the add caused all the menu tiles to change order. The update also removed the Plex Preview app from all the devices and when I went through the ROKU site to re-add it, all the tiles again got jumbled. Now I see on just a couple of my devices, a Stick+ and an Ultra, I still have the Small/Large tile option, but only on those 2. Weird right? Yes, I checked and the devices in question had successfully updated to 13. I still have a few devices to update but just don't have the time to go back and redo the tiles/apps yet again today.

What a mess!

Brought to you from someplace in Texas!
Jdhjab
Channel Surfer

Tried twice without success.  Upon activation my device went into immediate download of channels.  I couldn’t stop or avoid it.  

0 Kudos
Jdhjab
Channel Surfer

I heard from Roku support yesterday.  They had me do all the things I’ve already tried.  Same issues prevailed.  They are to expedite the issue to the right department and get back to me.  

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: 💡 OS 13 Announced! Learn more here

The blank tile bug is not OS 13, but a middleware update with problems. The apps are there, and you can select and open them as normal. Once opened, you can reboot and they will reappear.

If your Roku's are using the same account, then any addition/deletion will be duplicated across all.

Roku are idiots for rolling out any real update just before a major holiday.

MytyFyn

I have this issue also. How can I send you a picture?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.