Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjFlorida

Re: Missing channel numbers on Roku channel guide

Jump to solution

4 WEEKS ago you said this would be fixed!!! We will NEVER buy another roku again and we tell our friends about how **bleep** this tv is! Lesson learned!

6E616D65
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi You're actually advertising channel numbers right now. There's a Roku commercial for "FailArmy on Roku channel number" something. I picked up a remote and spoke the channel number from the Home screen and it went there. I don't remember the channel number because you still don't show them in the guide, or managing the guide, or anywhere.

I say "Channel 161" at the home screen and it takes me to Accuweather on the Roku Channel. But if I do the same thing while I'm somewhere in the Roku channel, it says "That channel is not available". 

Don't advertise channel numbers when they don't work.

MaryJ1

Jump to solution

What happened to the channel numbers 

nhmac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apparently Roku decided to improve their service by removing the channel numbers.

I know. It makes no sense.

TheHLT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This. Does. Not. Work.

Chan1990

Jump to solution

Totally agree this absurd of Roku to take out channel numbers on streaming. No one wants to browse through over a hundred channels to find channel name and 1 channel.Does not allow you to go back to previous program.POORLY DONE by Roku

TheHLT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It’s not so much that the channel numbers are missing from the guide or that there’s no way to go back to previous channel but on my device when I go into the Favorites/Edit Favorites List - there’s NOTHING there. 
The menu (as it were) does not even display.

Now I don’t know who at Roku thought this was a good idea nor does it seem Roku has a sense of urgency to rectify this colossal blunder. But one would think & consider that it’s enough of a problem to hurriedly find a fix.

#SMH (shaking my head) at how this could’ve happened and why Roku is so cavalier about the issue.

Billy007
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Even Roku advertises upcoming shows always including the channel number and showing what number to go to.  How can I go back to an older update and have channel numbers displayed again?  It's taking Roku way too long to get the bugs out.  They need a link we can click on to reverse this buggy update.

Billy007
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If the issue has been escalated to the back-end engineering team, who there can we contact for a status?  Who is managing this ongoing issue?  Fix this NOW or revert back to older software version.

btonsick
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

People have been complaining for weeks about this issue without feedback from Roku.  I don't believe there are ANY plans in the works to fix this problem.  "Maybe our customers will get used to it and stop writing.  Its a shame we created those old commercials with channel numbers prior to the new format!"  LOL