Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Miracast - Connecting PC to Roku Help

Jump to solution

Hello @redateneo2021

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please be advised that we only support English in the Roku Community. We had to use google translate to check your inquiry. However, we do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

Please keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Mawcul
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sometimes it helps to turn off the Roku, reboot your router, and then turn on the Rokus to allow Roku to obtain a new IP address. Another work around is to assign a static IP to your Roku. this has worked for me when I had trouble with Windows 11. 

0 Kudos
Cooltech

Jump to solution

I'm not using McAfee, only Defender, and disabling the firewall still has not fixed the Win11 issue for me.

0 Kudos
Mawcul
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

try turning off the rokus, rebooting your router, and then turn the roku back on. alternatively, assign the roku a static IP. 

the problem is not a generic one related to Windows 10 or 11. or with roku software. the problem is a loss of proper communication between your laptop and the roku. the initial request from laptop to rokus goes thru, which is why the TV screen indicates that communication is initiated, but the handshake is not completed. 

0 Kudos
Mawcul
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

there may also be a firewall in your router. 

there are settings in Windows that you can use to give miracast permission. you should check to make sure that these are set up properly.  you can also experiment by connecting your laptop to your network with ethernet cable rather than wifi, and see if this works. 

0 Kudos
skriesten

Jump to solution

Disabling the McAfee firewall worked for me also.

0 Kudos