Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrittMc22
Reel Rookie

Low power when plugged in outlet

I have a refurbished Roku Premiere and trying to determine if it is no longer working correctly. I get the low power warning when plugged into powerstrip. Also get the same warning when plugged into TV. I left the device unplugged to let it cool down but when I plugged it back in got the same warning. I also tried a different cable with same results. Is my device on its last leg?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Low power when plugged in outlet

@BrittMc22 

Maybe. Or maybe just the power supply.

Plug it directly into an outlet, not a power strip, and see if that makes a difference.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
BrittMc22
Reel Rookie

I found another cord to try and that seemed to fix the problem. No issues so far.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@BrittMc22 

The power supply to these players is a 2-part system (the cable and the power adapter).  When experiencing these issues, you can just use ordinary cell phone charging cables (micro-usb connector at device end) and cell phone charging power adapters (5volt, 1amp) in your troubleshooting and for replacements.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos