Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmyers40

Loss of channel numbers, now only channel names showing. I only know the channels I watch by number.

I go to the channel I thought was the Fail Army and I wind up watching the Beach Boys. I want to watch Iron Chef and now I am on love Island  (I hate that show). Please bring back the channel numbers.

12 REPLIES 12
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Loss of channel numbers, now only channel names showing. I only know the channels I watch by ...

Hi @rmyers40,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Please be advised that the changes to the guide you’re seeing are part of a small test we’re running over the next few weeks. It’s important when making a decision to change the experience that we understand the impact on a broader scale with real customers. And we have heard from customers that the channel numbers are something they really relied on. The Live TV Channel Guide is getting an upgrade, with personalized ordering of 400+ channels as well as the removal of channel numbers to enable simpler browsing. You can learn more about the new Roku features here.

Your understanding is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rypticus

Re: Loss of channel numbers, now only channel names showing. I only know the channels I watch by num

Please restore the LiveTV channel numbers. It is needed for proper usage. Also all the ROKU ads for channel options give the number. Don’t really understand why or the benefit of removing them. Also started getting an “Alexa” type voice to identify clicked on aps and shows. This is also annoying and totally unnecessary unless one is a blind user. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 

randy8245
Channel Surfer

Re: Loss of channel numbers, now only channel names showing. I only know the channels I watch by ...

Please remove me from the test. I want the channel numbers back. I'm very frustrated with trying to watch live tv on roku without channel numbers in the guide. This change is very lame to say the least.

mirolex2

In what universe would a viewer prefer to scroll through dozens of channels to find what had recently been easily accessed by its number????? Viewers already deal with this kind of nonsense on YouTube TV, Pluto among others. It is not what viewers consider user-friendly. Judging from other comments, viewers are not happy about the proposed change, especially if the channel name is unknown or forgotten. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

Our constant goal is to give customers the greatest possible streaming experience and comfort when utilizing our services.

We will forward this to the applicable Roku team for their review. We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you again for it.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jamoracito

one more for channel numbers.

Woode
Reel Rookie

Re: Loss of channel numbers, now only channel names showing. I only know the channels I watch by num

Samsung still shows TV channels in their streaming app, it makes it so much easier to remember where I was or where I'm navigating to.

Yeah, that's what we've come to - Samsung TVs are now more user-friendly than Roku. And I strongly dislike Samsung's TV OS.

jimsz
Streaming Star

are part of a small test we’re running over the next few weeks

Like the 4 icon rows?

Like the continue watching row? (which has 3 icons by the way)

Like the elimination of different icons for peripherals?

Yeah, tests for "a few weeks".

BS.

jimsz
Streaming Star

....and thanks for keeping us posted!
Our constant goal is to give customers the greatest possible streaming experience and comfort when utilizing our services....

Do you guys feel stupid spewing this nonsense after all this time? At least have some respect for the customers.

0 Kudos