Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nn_mm
Channel Surfer

Is a Roku 2 XS still usable?

I tried using my old 2XS in the kitchen, with an ethernet connection to watch U-Tube BUT it froze on a video that was approx 45 mins in length at the 20 minute mark.

Because I have 50+ channels on our Ultras, those same channels show up on the 2XS.

Will it be worth my trouble to 1) get a new email, 2) setup separate account, 3) resent 2XS 4) install only U-Tube (you-tube) on the new account or is it likely to crash anyway?

Thanks for any ideas?

(Please don't bother recommending to buy a new unit, I know I can do that (-;, but really don't have the extra cash right now).

(The "subject line input validation" insisted that there be at least 25 chars in my subject, so I added "Is a". WT?)

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
nn_mm
Channel Surfer

Re: Is a Roku 2 XS still usable?

I tried editing my question above to include that my setup also includes a working micro SD card inserted, but I was  prompted (something like) "correct the issues highlighted below". C'mon Roku!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is a Roku 2 XS still usable?

@nn_mm-

Roku 2 XS is model 3100.  I can find no information online re what Roku models are supported by YouTube.   I CAN find that the only Roku 2 model still supported by YouTube TV is model 4210, so YouTube may possibly be the same.

Edited to add:

Roku 2 XS (3100) is considered a Legacy device and is no longer receiving support from Roku.  The last Roku operating system it can run is version 9.1.   Current models are receiving the transition from version 13 to 14.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.