Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvtips
Streaming Star

Re: Is DVR service available with streaming tvs

Jump to solution

Well now what. I hit the arrow down and picked VCR not VOD when the first commercial came on I could NOT skip thru it?

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I highly doubt that. DVR (Not VCR) is always the the default. Been using YouTube TV for years. This isn’t YouTube TV tech support either. If something has been recorded and you play it the default play will be the DVR version. Not VOD. 

9654D649-2987-4A87-B2FB-71DDFABF15B0.jpeg

rvtips
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Ok if I want to recorder  a tv program,how do I find it and record it so I don't have to watch the commercials?

If I go to the guide and click it to record it is recorded as a VOD.

0 Kudos
rvtips
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Well I have had,I cancelled You Tube.It made no sense,way to hard to work with.

I just signed up for Directv Stream,What a difference so easy to get things done.And if you sign up on line you get unlimited dvr  . 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@rvtips  It is all right here. There is no record button in YouTube TV. You simply add a show or movie to your library and it will automatically record it. 

https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/7129564?hl=en#:~:text=In%20the%20YouTube%20TV%20mobile,t....

0 Kudos