Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvtips
Binge Watcher

Re: Is DVR service available with streaming tvs

Jump to solution

I recorded a few shows abc and nbc none of them would let me fast forward.

That is one of the main reasons I went with streaming ,It looks like I will go back to sat tv.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@rvtips 

Sure, you can always do that. Or, you can give us specific examples of what you recorded and we can help determine if you're actually looking at recordings or on-demand.

There are many YouTube TV users that can help with that. But you do what think is best for you.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
rvtips
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am not sure what more I can say,I recorded both of the programs the night before. I could not skip any part of them.

0 Kudos
rvtips
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It was  two different programs,recorded the night before and two different channels.

If there is a way to skip thru the ads please tell me how.

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Which live TV service are you using? YouTube TV allows users to FF Through the commercials when using DVR. Hulu I know still has some ads and they tell you this. Each service offers different features and all the features are available on the individual website. I myself use YouTube TV. I can fast forward through any of my DVR recordings. Be sure you select DVR recording. YouTube TV gives you two options when something is recorded. VOD or DVR. It will actually pop up on the screen

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
rvtips
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Not sure what I did,But now I have a female voice telling me what is happening?

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Sounds like you accidentally turned on the Roku voice speech. Press the * button 4x

0 Kudos
rvtips
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

OK I have been playing with it for some time,but how do I know i know if it is VOD or VCR?

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

When you launch YouTube TV it defaults to the Home Screen. Usually your top watched shows or networks will on top then whatever below. To the right is live tv just like cable or satellite. To left is your library. Your library contains all the movies, shows and sports you added. If something has been recorded it will say DVR. Others will say on demand. If you search for a movie or show that’s VOD. 

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/05/03/youtube-tv-finally-lets-choose-dvr-vod-versions-saved-conte...

0 Kudos