Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvtips
Streaming Star

Re: Is DVR service available with streaming tvs

Jump to solution

If I do not want to use an antenna,What is the cheapest service I can use with my  Roku to get locals and be able record and play back later.Like a DVR?

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@rvtips   I already listed all your options. So did DB. Best place to start is SupposeTV.com. Put in your zip code and the networks you want. It show you what’s available. But I already did that. YouTube TV is $65. It also has unlimited DVR. It’s the best live tv streaming service out there. And I’ve used them all 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@rvtips 

No service carries all local channels. The major channels, ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, are carried by the ones listed earlier:

• Vidgo
  • Fubo TV
  • YouTube TV
  • Hulu+Live TV
  • DirecTV Stream

You should go to each and check availability. If they all have your local Big Four, Vidgo's YouTube TV's and Fubo TV's $65/month price is cheapest.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@TrooperDada326 

That is correct. Fubo TV and YouTube TV's $65/month would be the cheapest to offer the Big Four.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

rvtips
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thanks you all. It looks like I will try each one and then go from there.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DBDukes  PlayStation Vue was actually the best service I used. FuboTV and DirecTV are great for RSN’s. I was using DirecTV Stream Choice package for about 1.5 years. Mainly for NESN. But I find myself not watching it much (local New England sports) so I’m saving $25 with YouTube TV

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@rvtips  Don’t try them. Research them. Trying them is going to be a hassle. Making accounts for each. Plus you will have your credit card entered in all of them. Like I said and DB said go to SupposeTV.com. From there you can compare all the services and select which one works best for you. Keep in mind that Hulu with Live TV doesn’t carry AMC. So you have to you something else. YouTube TV is the only service that includes unlimited DVR. No service will carry everything. Last time I checked FuboTV did not carry ABC in my area 

0 Kudos
rvtips
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

OK I went with you tube TV. I recorded some programs.like Big Country BUT I can not fast forward pass the  commercials. That is one of the reasons I did this. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@rvtips 

I believe YouTube TV also has on-demand content available, including some recent shows. I do not know if that show is one that has recent episodes available on-demand. Depends on what channel carries it.

But, if it is, were you watching a recording? Or were you watching an on-demand episode?

DBDukes

0 Kudos