Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterac
Binge Watcher

Iphone displaying old, no longer connected Roku devices when I click on "Screen Mirroring" Iphone 13

Iphone displaying old, no longer connected Roku devices when I click on "Screen Mirroring" Iphone 13

Iphone software all up to date. Same thing occurs on 9th generation Ipad.

I obtained 2 new TV's and purchased two new Roku's. Set them all up yesterday. All went well. FWIW I bought two 3820R2 Streaming Sticks 4k.

So, when I click on the "Screen Mirroring" icon on the iphone it presents a list of all Roku's which means the 2 news ones I added and the 2 old ones are still there that I disconnected.

I did go into the Device List on My Roku account and removed/unlinked/deleted the 4660 Ultra and the 3820X stick. I followed these instructions below for my email pacumming@gmail.com per  knowledge base article. https://support.roku.com/article/208755958

I then restarted my iphone and ipad a few times as well as a turn off and cold boot.

I also went into my router to look for these devices by Mac Address and they were not there that I could see. So perhaps they are cached somewhere. I saw no place on my phone or router or any other place to delete these entries.

I powered off my router for30 minutes and powered it back on. Had iphone and ipad off at same time.

Then turned on iphone, ipad

So the device list on my iphone (Screen Mirroring)  still has 5 entries when it should have 3.

Unplugged all Roku's which should not matter and restarted them. Should not matter as two units will never be plugged back in.

I have done all I know to do.

Thank you for any help as I see other people on Reddit and the useless apple forums have written about such as well.

Thanks for any advice.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Iphone displaying old, no longer connected Roku devices when I click on "Screen Mirroring&q

My phones have always been Androids, not iPhones, but in the WiFi settings it retains login parameters for every WiFi net it has connected to, in case I'm back in their respective service areas.  They're there unless and until I specifically remove them.

Perhaps your iPhone is doing the same with past mirroring connections. (??)  If you click (or long click, or whatever you do on an iPhone) on the defunct entries does it give you an option to remove/forget/delete them?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
peterac
Binge Watcher

Re: Iphone displaying old, no longer connected Roku devices when I click on "Screen Mirroring&a

First off, I always was an Android fan as I like to tweak things and the apps are better,  but these iphones were gifted to me and my wife so we are stuck for a while. In any event long clicking on anything listed in the mirrored screen device list does nothing sadly - did try that  a few days back.  However,  I do appreciate the suggestion.

Tx

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.