Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryblade

I set my wallpaper to the SpongeBob wallpaper now it automatically changed it

I installed the SpongeBob wallpaper. Today the TV automatically changed to the default wallpaper and I can't find my old wallpaper. I want a refund. 

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
ellahellabella
Reel Rookie

Re: I set my wallpaper to the SpongeBob wallpaper now it automatically changed it

The same thing happened to me only minutes ago and I am utterly disappointed.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I set my wallpaper to the SpongeBob wallpaper now it automatically changed it

That particular wallpaper was a promotional item, and I imagine it was never meant to be something available on a permanent basis. Roku sends out many seasonal and promotional wallpapers, and they always go away eventually. I'm a bit surprised they went away so quickly. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ellahellabella
Reel Rookie

Yes! I can understand that but it actually allowed me to download it to my tv. I was able to see it in my list of downloaded wallpapers, that’s why I was shocked to see it disappear I guess. I wish there was a way to download cooler wallpapers than the ones available. Oh well.

Thanks for your feedback.

andyross
Roku Guru

What an odd reversal. People are usually angry about sponsored wallpapers being forced on them!! 😁

Tibbz

I was also able to download it. I was super happy about it. Then, well I just turned on my tv and it’s gone. Can’t find it anywhere in my wallpapers. Very disappointed. 

0 Kudos
ellahellabella
Reel Rookie

Bummer right? 💔

I was happy with this specific wallpaper. I thought I had beat Roku at its own game but was sadly let down. So disappointed. 

seaslugger

im so upset, that was one of the first Roku themes i really liked

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.