Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deoconnel
Reel Rookie

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

“Continue watching” has disappeared. I haven’t seen it for a few days. 😁

ChristianZane
Streaming Star

The last software update v12 was back in May so not sure how they can push an update to remove that without an actual update?

Shylock
Reel Rookie

How about removing the "feature".  My Roku last updated in June and it just now appeared. Not happy. Fix this.

PNWBiker

DO NOT LIKE THIS FEATURE AND WOULD LIKE IT REMOVED.... SOUNDS LIKE AT THIS TIME O=YOU CANNOT REMOVE.... IT JUST SHOWED UP TODAY.

Hollalb

This feature is difficult if you have young children. Everything we watch pops up under "continue watching" and gives a shortcut to adult accounts. If we watch a horror movie and don't finish, my child might see it or even click on it. Please make this optional! 

Trigger
Reel Rookie

This “feature” is quite unacceptable as it puts childrens content on our bedroom Roku our kid isn’t allowed on & it puts adult content on his in the family room. I’m not okay with my 5yo child having nightmares seeing the thumbnail for Malignant or let alone clicking on it. People want the Home Screen to default to our most used channels - this recapture marketing needs an opt out or you will face legal issues. None of us consent to this & you can’t be foisting adult content on children without an eventual låwšüït. If you need help coding because you can’t figure out how to remove the bar you added, I would be happy to check your code for you. I highly recommend you take care of this swiftly. At the very least, make it something we can hide in the options. 

jonbon
Channel Surfer

Any fix yet?

I mostly play PlayStation on my TV. Before it had a separate PlayStation icon on the home screen, now I have to go under "TV inputs" to dig for it, just because Roku wanted to make all the icons vanish or smaller so they can fit this incredibly stupid "Continue Watching" section that nobody wanted or asked for.

I guess I'll have fun fast-forwarding all my 90 Day Fiance shows to the end every time I can't finish the whole episode immediately so my 6 year-old doesn't click on it from "Continue Watching".

Seriously, why the **** would anyone want this stupid "feature" when they could clearly just go to the app they watched it in? And on the off chance they do like having everything they watch broadcast to their entire family constantly, then they should be able to *enable* Continue Watching, and others should be able to *disable* it.

BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

@ChristianZane - Don't waste your time trying to remove the shows from Continue Watching because they will just come back. And like others have said, it circumvents profiles. Now your kids watch adult\blood\murder\horror content by just selecting something from Continue Watching. So now kids will have nightmares. 

@RokuSupport

if (chkBoxContinueWatching.Checked == true)
     ContinueWatching(true) // enable Continue Watching
else
     ContinueWatching(false) // disenable Continue Watching

BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

It is more like this. 

if (Settings.HomeScreen.ContinueWatching.Checked == Show)
     ContinueWatching(SHOW) // enable Continue Watching
else
     ContinueWatching(HIDE) // disenable Continue Watching

Lbridges3

My Roku account is shared between 4 rooms and when I let my child watch tv it is set to strictly kid profiles on the apps  however with the continue watching she has access to pg-13 and R rated movies when she exits Netflix to go to Disney she sees movies and shows watched by her uncles this is an unacceptable feature for my 6 year old I am very disappointed. I wouldn’t be mad if it would only show continue watching shows for her that she has watched but with all accounts linked now she can watch whatever her uncles watch not age appropriate I will be looking for amazon fire stick or other options if this feature cannot be removed.