Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

@Immutable1 That worked for me for awhile.  Then it came back.

0 Kudos
Bf234
Reel Rookie

This is a TERRIBLE feature. Many people have multiple Roku devices in their home and by having this feature you are not helping people to “continue watching” you are causing people extra work/time to dig through other members in their house watch history. Additionally, not everyone wants their watch history broadcasted across all their devices and some content shouldn’t be broadcast especially if it’s not age appropriate for all viewers in the household.

This feature should be an OPTION that individuals can opt into on their device. This update to the OS was a big miss on Roku’s part and obviously not something sample tested prior to coding into the OS.

I suggest updating the code to have this feature as optional and not mandatory. Since it was written into the code as mandatory it is possible to write it into the code to make it optional. There are exactly no reasons this couldn’t be done and shouldn’t be done immediately. 

tad3
Reel Rookie

i have given up on this **bleep**,  the 4 hour shutdown an continue watching is wearing me out,  so i boxed up this top of the line roku junk an put a computer in my bedroom so i can watch what i want how i want,  without being able to access the o.s i dont see anyway to get around it 

ChristianZane
Streaming Star

I’m pretty amazed at the all the hyperbole and gibberish this entire thread about this easily removable function…. just go to the show you want to delete under Continue Watching, click the * star button and select “Remove whatever show From Continue Watching List”, do that for the three shows in the box then it will will disappear and just show the ‘search for a show’ box… done.

0 Kudos
Bf234
Reel Rookie

@ChristianZane  You are correct it does go away for the moment but as soon as you watch something again it comes back. If you are ok with constantly removing shows from the Home Screen more power to you but that is not something I want/ have time to do that. 

I’m sure some don’t mind it and actually like the feature but a lot of people do not and it should be optional. 

tad3
Reel Rookie

it also does nothing to stop the 4 hour shutdown, which is my biggest complaint ,  they are blameing it on the apps,  yet if you use the app through crome or another browser it does not shut down.

RISE_1
Channel Surfer

This appears to be the most active topic on these various Roku boards, and thus an important customer complaint to be addressed. Roku staff, can you give an update as to whether you're considering all this negative feedback or not? We'd like you to work on a solution to this.

jklmnoku
Channel Surfer

No, that is a temporary workaround. The function STILL functions. Continuously. I wouldn't even want that search box if I was unfortunate to have a newer Roku on which the search box appears. Or maybe I turned that off is such an option exists. I don't remember cuz I jettisoned the Roku part from my Roku TV by using an Xfinity device that I had never unboxed that works so much better for me. Mainly because my Roku TV was not compatible with the Apple TV+ app that I no longer have to throw from my PC to my Chromecast stick.

IOW, lesson learned. Roku never again.

sharonelli

The search box is stupid.  The continue watching is stupid.  They are both annoying and make me hate this device.  I think someone there is taking lessons from Sling on how to make your app terrible (although Sling has improved).

Roku needs to fix this.  If there is no way to use the device the way I want to, then I will have to look for another device.

ChristianZane
Streaming Star

That is odd as I’ve watched 4 different shows in 3 different apps and the Continue Watching box has not showed up again, perhaps it’s because I finished all the shows and didn’t stop halfway.  For the 5 years I’ve used Roku products they’ve been pretty good with addressing bugs and interface complaints and will most likely make it an optional feature, but just be patient it could take months.

0 Kudos