Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

OK, I wasn't aware that LG ever had a Roku OS TV. So I wasn't accurate when I said they never did. But if you look at the page you linked, you see a) it's no longer available and b) all the reviews that reference just buying the set are 7 years old. My guess it was an experiment by LG before they decided to go with Web OS. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Nosoynadie
Binge Watcher

Tik, tik, tik, tik, tik, tik, tik, tik...The clock is ticking down to Black Friday and still no resolution...Tik, tik, tik...

Look you want us to spend more money on your products, view more of the services you want to sell. Sell Remotes that have the Channels that we want. Let me choose the four or six that I want. I would buy that all day long, but to just change and the tell me it would be fixed in 12.5, which I have, Version 4176, and still bupkis. So ball is in your court. Friday I'm buying a new 80" inch TV for the living room, question is who's OS will be there. Right now it won't be Roku. 

0 Kudos
jimsz
Streaming Star

I'm not buying a new TV but am needing to replace my 2 oldest Rokus and it is not going to be with a Roku.

I am buying an Apple TV for one and an Onn device for the other. I'll see how they work and decide between cheap and expensive and then begin replacing the rest as they age out.

I'm sick of Rokus idiotic changes and their lies. No more of money will go to them.

atc98092

The Onn is OK, but it's limited in many ways due to the cost. It's lacking operating memory, it doesn't support a wired connection, there are functions that other Android based players have that are missing, such as lossless audio bitstreaming. But it's OK for general online streaming. Of course, considering the price it does quite a lot. But a Roku is still easier to use. If you haven't seen the home screen yet for Android TV, it's far, far worse than the Roku for user control of what's displayed. 

Dan

0 Kudos
jimsz
Streaming Star

For $20 or less on black friday I'll give it a try. It can't be any worse than what Roku has forced onto users.

0 Kudos
Nosoynadie
Binge Watcher

Really Roku, really. So one of my tvs has the option of larger or smaller tiles on the Home Screen, thanks for that version 4176-dh, but the others are 4176-ch and no option. Tried updating but nope. Really yeah yall still suck. 

0 Kudos
DefenderXX
Reel Rookie

I checked again out of curiosity, and I now have an option to toggle between tiles sizes. I found it under Settings > Home Screen. There are two new options, one for "Continue Watching" to show/hide, and one for "Tile Size" with options for Smaller/Larger.

I am currently using the software version: 12.5.0 build 4176 on a 55" TCL Roku TV.

I received no notification that there was a new option, so it might be worthwhile to check on your own device. Good luck!

atc98092

@DefenderXX they obviously are not rolling it out via an OS update, but one of their background process updates. I have devices on beta builds that are newer than yours (NDA doesn't allow me to mention the build numbers) but there's no such option on my Ultra 4800. You did find it where I would have expected it to be, so that's a positive step in the right direction. Now they just need to roll it out for everyone. No idea what's taking so long. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Quip1
Reel Rookie

Re: What’s with the new layout

I have a 65" 58" Roku TV and a 50" with a Roku device and I love it! The three columns on the larger tv's appear to be oversized. The four columns accommodates the screen and the overall interface better. The problem I am having is the update keeps jumping back and forth between the two sizes. But I can possibly see where on a smaller screen it would be a problem, a perfect example would be mobile phone apps. But I love the four column please keep it for the larger Roku TVs.

Polkadot46
Reel Rookie

Keep checking your settings…then arrow down to home screen… you will see Tile size and Continue watching.. arrow over to make tiles larger and hide continue watching…Just keep checking the settings cause Roku is slow in updating all tv’s

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.