Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimmerle
Reel Rookie

How do I get rid of advertisements?

Just bought a new Roku stick. Set it up but now my Roku shows advertisements all the time. Do not want these. Did have it before on my old Roku. How do I get rid of them?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
demsd
Roku Guru

Re: How do I get rid of advertisements?

You can't.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
kimmerle
Reel Rookie

I cannot get rid of ads on the home screen. OK. But what about when you are watching/listening to programs? No way to get rid of them? I did not have them on my old Roku device, just on this new one.

Strega
Roku Guru

Some Roku app/channels have ads.  Some Do not.  Some give you a choice based on whether or how much you are willing to pay.  Maybe you have not signed-in to some channels where you have paid accounts??

More info would help.

0 Kudos
Jayga

I'm still using the same device I've used for over a year and those ads that happen while you are watching a show have just started showing on mine. I HATE IT!!! Some of them actually cut off 1/3 of my viewing screen!! I cannot see what is happening under the ad. While I don't like the regular commercials that happen about every 5 minutes, I understand that they are a necessary evil, but this new practice is beyond reasonable!! I only logged in here today to lodge a complaint with the company, but the only thing I could find was this group, so here I am... complaining. This really must stop or I will go back to using my Amazon Fire Stick! I MISS MY VCR from the good ol' days!!!

0 Kudos
Jayga

If you find out how to stop the ads appearing over the shows you are watching, please let me know!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.