Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IndyAL
Reel Rookie

HomeKit error - No usable data, no solution

I receive an error when scanning the QR code to setup HomeKit: no usable data found.
That is the message that appears when typically a link would appear to click on. 

0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No usable data, no solution

Greetings @IndyAL 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding scanning the QR code to setup HomeKit with you Roku device.

The error code you are seeing is typical of when the code wasn't read properly. Have you tried rebooting your Roku device and re-scanning the QR code to see if you are seeing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assist you. We look forward to hearing your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IndyAL
Reel Rookie

Re: HomeKit error - No usable data, no solution

Hi - I rebooted by unplugging both cords going into the Roku device and waiting a minute. I also did system restart through settings/system/system restart.  I went back into HomeKit and still receive the same error: no usable data found. 
I just checked the Roku software and I have version 11.5.0 and build 4315. 
I have 300mbps internet through AT&T. The tv model I have is LG 42LD400-UA. 

I also have consistent issues watching appletv shows directly from the Roku app on the TV with the error “video not available. There’s a problem loading this video. If this continues, check your internet connection.” I have contacted Apple about this but to no avail. I receive that error more times than not both with my old internet provider and now with AT&T. I was told that I wouldn’t need speeds more than 300mbps. That’s the speed I have now. I only have one TV.  I don’t have issues watching any others apps via Roku. It’s a total flip of the coin if I’ll be able to watch a show or not. For example, for Shrinking I kept receiving that error tonight and then I tried one final time and the episode started playing. It’s a total **bleep** shoot if shows will play or not  

I thought I’d figured out a work around, of wondering if shows will play, by using the Appletv app mirroring from my Mac to project it from my Mac into the TV. The first several times it worked, where I’d start playing a show on my laptop and select Roku tv to project the show. But then I started receiving an error on my laptop too.

Then I came across the HomeKit option while searching for these issues and thought that, by setting up the Home kit, then the airplay would work more consistently, but here we are where I can’t get AirPlay set up. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @IndyAL 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing with trying to setup Airplay with your Roku device. 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to connect your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IndyAL
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny

i switched to a hotspot abc hit the same results:

- no usable data error with the QR code 

- certain appletv shows load. Shrinking actually played  (it’s hit or miss), Ted Lasso played but I received the same errors when I tried to watch The Reluctant Traveler (though it’s loaded in the past) and Make or Break didn’t load  
Based on this test, the issue doesn’t spied to be the internet connection  

I also bought a new Roku device a few months back thinking maybe the Roku was outdated but that didn’t fix the issue  

It’s as if the bandwidth for certain appletv shows fluctuates.
Any other ideas to try out? 
min able to access all other Roku app shows just fine  it’s just appletv that I encounter issues with the TV, AirPlay from my Mac and also HomeKit not working. 

I also removed the appletv app from Roku and added it back, and signed back into the subscription for it. I still encountered the same issues. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @IndyAL 

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with more information about what you are experiencing.

What you are reporting is definitely intriguing to say the least. We would be more than happy to look further into the issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • OS that your Mac is currently running
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshots of what is happening on screen when you see this issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Havinsj

Roku and airplay might as well be non compatible. I’ve tried 2 different newer devices. On 3 Rokus. Garbage. 

0 Kudos
AMBlu

We have had the same issues and have tried all of the solutions listed above. I have easily been able to mirror my iPad before to my Roku stick. What has changed?. Now your solution is to set up a mobile hot spot? Totally unacceptable. There is obviously an issue with the Roku stick

0 Kudos
AMBlu

Same experience with me. Very frustrating. It shouldn’t be this difficult 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @AMBlu

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We would love to look into this further. Kindly let us investigate the problem that occurs by sending us the details requested posted by @RokuDanny-R.

Thank you for understanding, looking forward to hearing from you. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos