Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjean12

Help with my Roku it’s linked to my ex’s account

I have a Roku that I used to share with my ex-husband and I just realized the Roku isn’t linked to my Roku account and I was wondering if there was a way I could link it to my account without having to unlink it from him or trying to figure out what password he had any tips appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Help with my Roku it’s linked to my ex’s account

A roku can only be linked to one account at a time, sorry. To switch accounts, you will have to do factory reset of the Roku only way. That will delete all channels and passwords, sorry. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Cjean12

Thank you 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Cjean12 

Do I understand that you have the Roku device? If so, there's a button on it somewhere (or pinhole, depending on the model number) that you can press and hold for 30 seconds -- a full 30 seconds -- and it will do a full factory reset. You can then set it up on your Roku account. None of his stuff will be there. You can then put the apps you want on it, and subscribe via Roku Pay (I wouldn't, but many people would) or subscribe directly to any service you like (that's how I prefer).

Or, now that you have full control over the Roku device, you could check out all the free offerings, and maybe save some money. You might find that some of the free ad-supported content is to your liking.

Of course, if you prefer to subscribe to a service, it's yours to do as you wish. There are many low-cost live streaming services, ranging from Frndly.TV (family friendly at $7+/month), Philo ($25/month), Sling TV ($35+/month), to more expensive like Vidgo ($55/month), YouTube TV ($65/month), Fubo ($65/month), Hulu+Live TV ($70/month), and DirecTV Stream ($70+/month).

Hulu is a great on-demand service. It's $7/month standalone, or can be part of the Disney bundle (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+).

You have lots of options.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."