Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tee-see

Re: HEVC H.265 plays fine .. but no audio?

Same issue here. Some local networks are broadcasting in both HD and HVEC (h.265). I’ve been DVRing on my HDHomeRun preferring the HVEC for better compression, which worked fine on my FireTV4k. Roku Express 4K + refuses to play audio on the h.265 recordings, regardless what audio settings I try. 

0 Kudos
mak300

Roku Ultra can play atmos audio and HEVC files from USB storage

I'm planning to purchase my 1st device Roku Ultra and need to clarify about USB support, I watch most of my content using a media player mostly 4k HDR10.HEVC, x265.mkv with ATMOS files stored in a thumb drive, so will this ultra support high quality playback from a USB.

I will be connecting Roku Ultra to my Yamaha Rx-V6A AVR and 5.1.2 surround setup.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos

Re: HEVC encoding not displaying properly on Roku Ultra with firmware 10.0

Any update on this issue?  It seems this should be resolved by now.

0 Kudos
discodave87
Reel Rookie

nope because my device is updated and still not display x265 (non hdr) correctly...

this is probably an extremely easy fix on their end since its only on this device and they just need to see where they messed up the code but they obviously don't care ...

it makes no sense that i have to use my older model ultra to display a file type correctly.

uncletim
Binge Watcher

Did OS 10.5 fix this?

I haven't received it on my 4800, just curious. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
discodave87
Reel Rookie

EDIT:

i checked more files and the problem still persists, over exposed red on non-hdr x265 files...

but it doesn't trigger HDR anymore, so they did something.

@uncletim 

tmarker

I'm having the same issues trying to play HEVC files. My Roku 3 plays them fine but my Ultra no. This is ridicules.

0 Kudos
lakerssuperman
Binge Watcher

I just bought a 4800x.  Playing back HEVC videos via Jellyfin or the Roku Media Player both trigger my screen to go into HDR10 mode and the colors of course look awful.  Anyone know if OS 11 did anything to fix this?

0 Kudos
lakerssuperman
Binge Watcher

For whatever reason the new Ultra sees the color info in the HEVC mkv container metadata and goes to HDR.  Manually removing this info from mkv files seems to fix the issue, although it is obviously not ideal if you have a massive collection of videos or don't know how/want to get your hands dirty to fix it.

0 Kudos
Apesbrain
Binge Watcher

My new Roku Ultra suffers from this problem while my older Roku Express plays h.265 fine. Is there any setting on the Ultra that can be changed to remedy this? Thanks. 

0 Kudos