Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twigs
Reel Rookie

Guest mode vs separate account for each device

So, I understand Roku doesn't have profiles - but here's my scenario:

we have one in the living room, one in the bedroom and soon to have one in the office. Oh, and I also manage one for my mother who's in a nursing home.

the one in the living room is a brand new 

Roku Ultra - 4802R

bedroom 

Roku 3

Mother in a nursing home

Roku Ultra (not sure the version, but it's not yet a year old

I didn't realize that a change on one affects all the others on the same account, so I found it very puzzling when my husband said that the remote upstairs effected the Roku downstairs. Until spoke with another user who told me that will happen if they are all under the same account.

So now I'm trying to decide if it would be better to set these all up as "guest" or just reside to having to log into each account when I need to make changes.

This would be easier if each had its own profile - but it doesn't seem Roku is interested in going down that road 😞

I'm interested in hearing others thought or how they have handled a similar problem.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.