Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeWalker
Channel Surfer

Re: Guest Mode is broken, bad firmware update

I can't provide all of the details you requested, as these devices are in a rental unit that I am not able to physically visit right now.

Here are the details I can provide:

• Seeing this problem in 2 of 2 units, both are in guest mode.
  • Models of both:  Streaming Stick 4k
  • Serial numbers can be provided if helpful.

As far as diagnostics/troubleshooting.  I did the following when I did have access to the devices:

• Power cycled both devices
  • Exited from Guest Mode
  • Re-entered guest mode
  • Checked that latest version of Software installed - reported as last update was 9/15/2024, and no new updates were available

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MikeWalker,

Thanks for the update!

We appreciate the information you provided. However, for our Roku-appropriate team to investigate this issue thoroughly, we need the details mentioned above.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

I had to wait a day to recreate the issue because it occurs mainly after the previous guest's automatic sign-out.

I did it on my personal ROKU Ultra. Yesterday, I set it to Guest Mode and logged in as a guest for one day. After ROKU logged me out automatically today, it acted weird. For example, this time, it was stuck when I tried setting a checkout date again. While waiting for it, I pressed the Home Button, and it went into this weird mode with some apps logged into my private account. Attached is the picture with the information you asked for.

20240927_174126.jpg

Jay43
Channel Surfer

Thanks for doing that, @Florida-Rentals. I have guests right now and can’t do the troubleshooting process.

0 Kudos
Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

I'm happy to, @Jay43.  I assume that most Guest Mode users are in the same situation. Hopefully, Roku can resolve this quickly. It seems that the key is to let the box sign the guest out automatically, and then it goes weird. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.