Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonesinmotion
Reel Rookie

Funny clicking sound or no sound

We have a newer Roku Ultra and lately every time we turn the tv on there is a loud clicking sound or no sound at all?!?

To solve we have to unplug Roku and plug back in, which is getting annoying. I thought it may be the cord so I replaced HD cord but it’s still doing it. If we change input and bypass ROKU it is fine so I know it’s the ROKU - any ideas or suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Funny clicking sound or no sound

Try disabling "power savings": Settings/System/Power/Auto power savings/After 20 minutes of no activity = unchecked

0 Kudos
Jonesinmotion
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the recommendation. We did this and it is already unchecked.

any other ideas?

Thanks again!!

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

1) Manually configure Display type: Settings/Display type = 720p/1080p/4K/4K HDR/4K DV ( Do NOT use Auto)

2) Change audio to Passthrough: Settings/Audio/Digital output format = Passthrough

0 Kudos
Jonesinmotion
Reel Rookie

Thanks! We did all of those so hopefully this will work.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.