Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay43
Channel Surfer

Re: Every time someone checks out needs to manually exit Guest Mode

So it seems like the recent firmware update fixed the guest mode problem where the check out date would get reset to 12/31 but introduced a new bug that has messed up Roku TVs. Is that right? Is anyone with a standalone Roku device experiencing this boot loop issue? Or does it only affect Roku equipped TVs? 

0 Kudos
Dkradel
Reel Rookie

It happened to my stand alone roku device. I was able to turn off guest mode on the app and it seemed to be all right after it ran another update and I turned guest mode back on. I’m heading over today to see if it’s still an issue and to check two other properties before check in.  

0 Kudos

This worked for me remotely. I did this halfway accross the world. I'll wait til there is a solution to the guest mode as it seems to be a recent glitch

"What worked for me yesterday is to log onto your Roku app on your phone and turn off the guest mode there. Then turn the Roku off and back on. It should do an update and work as normal. I’m going to check tomorrow (this is at an Airbnb) to see if the guest mode is working again.  Otherwise I’ll turn off the guest mode for now until the glitch is fixed. "

0 Kudos
kjwagler

I was able to repair the problem. I downloaded the roku app on my phone and turned off guest services. I unpluged the TV and plugged it in one more time after about fifteen seconds, then I did a hard reset by pressing the reset button on the back of the TV, once again. Then with the app, turned the guest services back on and it still didn't work.  I was frustrated. I left the room for about 5 minutes. Went back and it had reset itself.  So hopefully that will take care of the problem for good.

0 Kudos
BC23

Extremely helpful thanks.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.