Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johndt37
Reel Rookie

Does Roku Forum Censor Posts?

Jump to solution

In my opinion, Roku sensors posts by disallowing replies. They claim replies are not necessary when a post is informational. For example, they no longer allow replies in this discussion, which is critical of Roku for not offering a Christmas wallpaper.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Christmas-wallpaper-not-found/m-p/843235#M35...

I solved that particular problem by purchasing an Apple TV 4k.  Faster processing, higher ethernet speeds, and NO annoying ads.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miller09

Re: Does Roku Forum Censor Posts?

Jump to solution

Roku's forums or community platforms may have specific moderation policies, and it's not uncommon for forums to limit or restrict replies in certain discussions. This is often done to maintain a focus on informative content or to prevent unnecessary clutter or off-topic posts.

It's important to note that individual forums or platforms have their own rules and guidelines for user engagement. If you have concerns about the policies or moderation decisions on the Roku forum, you might want to reach out to their support or community moderators directly to seek clarification or express your feedback.

Your decision to switch to Apple TV for specific features and preferences is a personal choice, and it's great that you found a solution that better suits your needs. If you have any specific questions or if there's anything else you'd like to discuss.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can always start a new thread.  And you can link to the old thread as a reference, as you just did.  Personally, I find that particular thread to be unusually silly.  Especially the last post. But I don’t know if that’s why they locked it.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Whitneyville
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, Roku (and EVERYONE else) "censors" disagreeable posts. It's THEIR playhouse, and you have to play by THEIR rules.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't find Roku is super hard on moderation. I'm surprised at some that I see they have left alone. I moderate on several other forums, and I'm probably harder on some posts than Roku is. But when a user is posting obscenities (which the software alters, not any moderator) or starts spewing nonsense, then they can and should delete those posts. 

But for posts that are simply angry/complaining about Roku, they overall seem to ignore those pretty well. And as mentioned, the forum software is going to trigger on some words and phrases and either edit the text or block the post completely. Again, no moderator involved. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
miller09

Jump to solution

Roku's forums or community platforms may have specific moderation policies, and it's not uncommon for forums to limit or restrict replies in certain discussions. This is often done to maintain a focus on informative content or to prevent unnecessary clutter or off-topic posts.

It's important to note that individual forums or platforms have their own rules and guidelines for user engagement. If you have concerns about the policies or moderation decisions on the Roku forum, you might want to reach out to their support or community moderators directly to seek clarification or express your feedback.

Your decision to switch to Apple TV for specific features and preferences is a personal choice, and it's great that you found a solution that better suits your needs. If you have any specific questions or if there's anything else you'd like to discuss.

MJMJ
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I, too, have been wondering why there is not actual resolution by way of BEING INCLUSIVE to the millions of customers who have onn/Roku TV's (and other Roku brands) looking for actual CHRISTMAS (called "CHRISTMAS" and not some other names) for wallpapers. Other systems feature Santa Claus types AND Jesus in Bethlehem (the first Christmas). I'm wondering who's behind this at Roku? 

And yes, previous requests have been locked:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Christmas-wallpaper-not-found/m-p/843235#M35...

As far as the "my playlot" mentality goes, remember that we are CUSTOMERS!

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I've lost count how many scammers create fake profiles and post stupid **bleep** on this forum..Fortunately the moderators act quickly when they're reported..And for that I am truly grateful

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos