Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackC1
Reel Rookie

Digital Clock Screensaver

Jump to solution

Why has Roku removed the Digital Clock Screensaver?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Digital Clock Screensaver

Jump to solution

@JackC1,

Thanks for getting back here and for sharing additional information about this.

Please be aware that the Roku 4 (4400X) no longer receives new features, streaming channels, or software updates, which is why you're unable to access certain features on this device. However, you can still access them on your Roku 3 streaming device. While current channels remain accessible, access to some may be lost over time as their partners make updates.

If you haven't got or checked for a device upgrade you can check it here at our Roku Product | Official page.

We appreciate you again for reaching and feel free to get back here if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JackC1,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand, and we appreciate you letting us know about the changes you're seeing.

I did check this with our Roku devices but we still have the screensaver on the list. Are there some recent changes you received or any updates that might be related to this? If not, performing a system reset will help. Navigate to Settings>>System>>Power (if available)>>System restart

Let us know if that works or if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JackC1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been out of town.  I connected a Roku 4 that had been offline for a couple years.  First order of business was to perform a code update.  Next order of business following the update was to setup my wallpaper and screensaver.  The Digital Clock screensaver was one of the available selections in the "My Screensavers" section.  When I selected it I received a message saying "No providers found. Press 'Back' to exit this screen.".  I thought maybe the Roku 4 required a different version of the Digital Clock so I searched for the app and got the same message when selecting the Digital Clock from the app search.  At this point I thought, maybe I need to remove the Digital Clock from the "My Screensavers" section so I can load a different version.  After removing the Digital Clock from the "My Screensavers" section I was unable to load it back due to receiving the message "No providers found. Press 'Back' to exit this screen.".  At this point I gave up trying to load the Digital Clock on the Roku 4.  I use the Digital Clock as screensaver on all my Roku's.  After the scenario described above, I later found that the Digital Clock had been removed from all of my Roku's.  I was able to download and reapply the Digital Clock as screensaver on my other Roku's which are mostly Roku Ultra's but I do have one Roku 3 still in use and the Digital Clock works on it.  I do not understand why the Digital Clock will load and operate successfully on a Roku 3 but not on a Roku 4.  I have another Roku 4 which has not been online for several years which I'm going to connect and see if I have the same issue.  I know this is a trivial thing but I have TV's in virtually every room which stay powered on 24X7 all of which are connected to a Roku and I like the Digital Clock.   

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@JackC1,

Thanks for getting back here and for sharing additional information about this.

Please be aware that the Roku 4 (4400X) no longer receives new features, streaming channels, or software updates, which is why you're unable to access certain features on this device. However, you can still access them on your Roku 3 streaming device. While current channels remain accessible, access to some may be lost over time as their partners make updates.

If you haven't got or checked for a device upgrade you can check it here at our Roku Product | Official page.

We appreciate you again for reaching and feel free to get back here if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
JackC1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the clarification.  I'll purchase another Ultra as a replacement.  Interesting that Roku continues support of the Roku 3 while dropping support for the Roku 4.  I'm sure there's a reason.  I like and endorse your product. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.